S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

2 blacks, 2 Silvers, 1 White(and several others) seen in Sothern CA...(long)

Old 03-04-2001, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friday afternoon my wife and I decided to throw our bags in the car and just drive. We ended up going south on 101 and stopped in Santa Barbara. Saturday late morning/early afternoon I saw a Black S2000 w/dealer plates parked on a tree filled side street right around the corner from the train station.

Then mid afternoon I saw a Silver heading south on 405. We were stuck in stop and go traffic(IMAGINE THAT!!)and passed each other several times before we both exited toward Beverly Hills.

Shortly there after, a silver parked on Rodeo drive. I believe it was right infront or right behind a Bentley(sp?) at the time

Later on that afternoon, a little south of Rodeo drive, a Black S2000 stopped at a light, I was passing, going north heading back toward Rodeo drive.

Today, a white S2000 was heading South on 101 around 3:00 somewhere around 30 minutes south of King City. I was north-bound (in that pouring rain) and I was flashing you.

Just curious if these were any of the members of this board. I also so a couple others on Saturday, but can't recall the exact spot or time(I believe I was ill after spending a couple hours on rodeo drive with my wife! ).

Also, another observation. This is now the second time I have been in southern CA with my car and I am now SURE that people down here gawk at this car MUCH more than in norhtern CA. Infact, we stayed at the Four Seasons in Santa Barbara and the Valet guys parked my carRIGHT in front and in between a 911 Carrera 4, an XK8 Convertible, an XKR Convertible(awesome car!), a BMW 850 and a Vintage Mercedes Coupe. Guess which one got the most attention !
Then we were driving on Rodeo drive and all around Beverly Hills and, even with all the Bentley's, RR's, CL500's(another beautifull car!!) etc, I had more people make postive comments. Infact one ran me down after seeing me pull into the underground parking and waited for me out front to ask me about the car and what it was like. Turns out he has a fleet of cars, the cheapest at around $95k, and really likes the S2000 but wonders what the neighbors will think if he is "seen driving a Honda"(gee...sorry I am so low class, can I like the dirt off your shoes ohh magestic one?)

Anywhoo...cool trip. Had a blast with the top down on Friday and Saturday. Just wanted to share and to see if any of those cars belonged to owners here.

[Edited by Humanatek on 03-04-2001 at 09:26 PM]
Old 03-04-2001, 09:53 PM

Yes, it seems that there are more S2K down here than Northern Cali. I was in the Bay Area last week for 3 days and only saw 1 S2K near San Jose on Saratoga/280.
You just drove down here for the weekend? COOL!
Did you stop by Apple Farm in San Luis Obispo?
Old 03-04-2001, 10:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by socal28
[B]Yes, it seems that there are more S2K down here than Northern Cali.
Old 03-04-2001, 10:47 PM

Humanatek

Have you given up on Superhonda?
Old 03-05-2001, 04:37 PM

Originally posted by Bernie

Humanatek

Have you given up on Superhonda?
If you mean, do I not go there anymore, yes. That site seems to cater to young, testosterone fillled punks or trolls. I really hate site's where the majority of posts degrade into name calling, "my d!ck is bigger than yours" shouting contests. This the exact reason I LOVE this site where there are predominatly well educated, well versed, well written individuals who truely love cars in general.

ALSO (shameless brown nose about to appear), the moderators of this site seem to truely want to keep this site respectable and do anything they can to get rid of trouble mkers.