S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Another satisfied Mingster aeroscreen owner

Old 03-19-2001, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Sunday in So Cal was another gorgeous day. I decided to go up to Mingster's place and pick up my aeroscreen and have Mingster install it for me. We got some pics of the install that I assume Mingster will post later.

The aeroscreen makes such a HUGE difference. When I was driving up to Mingster's, there was a lot of turbulence in the car. Once I had the aeroscreen installed, the turbulence was cut down dramatically, and that's with the windows still down. Once I put the windows up, there was very little wind coming in at all. On top of that, it was easier for me to hear my girlfriend (well, maybe that's not that great of a thing).

I would highly recommend people getting this aeroscreen if they don't have one already. I just couldn't believe the difference the aeroscreen made.

Richard, my girlfreind and her hair would like to thank you.
Old 03-19-2001, 01:49 PM

I am interested and hope to see @ Ashville!
Post those photo's, glad to hear it works so well!
Does it vibrate any? (Windscreen - not girlfriend)
Old 03-19-2001, 02:09 PM

Hey General,

I'll ask Mingster to post the photos.

The windscreen doesn't vibrate, if it does, I didn't hear it. It's a one piece design so it doesn't fold down like the stock windscreen. Because of this, I think it is a lot more resistant to vibrations. Now as far as the girlfriend is concerned........
Old 03-19-2001, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by The General

Does it vibrate any? (Windscreen - not girlfriend)
LOL
Old 03-19-2001, 04:17 PM

Mark, did you previously have the stock aeroscreen or are you speaking about the difference between no aeroscreen and Mingster's aeroscreen? Thanks!
Old 03-19-2001, 04:38 PM

SteveUCI,

I'm speaking about the difference between having the aeroscreen and not having an aeroscreen at all. didn't have the stock aeroscreen since it cost too much.

Mingster's aeroscreen is much bigger than the stock one and provides much more protection against the wind turbulence. The group buy price was under $100. The only disadvantage of Mingster's aeroscreen is that since it is one piece, it doesn't fold down like the stock one does. But at half the price of the stock one, it's something I can live with. It's harder to clean the inside of the rear plastic window and you have to be a little more careful when opening the top compartment, but those are minor inconveniences in my opinion.
Old 03-19-2001, 04:51 PM

My only qualm with the stock aeroscreen is that with both windows up at freeway speeds, the wind will still chop straight into my hair (I'm 6'1"), causing me to get cold and have messy hair. For those times when I care about being warm and having decently-styled hair, but want the top down, I'm at a loss. Will Mingster's bigger aeroscreen help me in this situation, do you think? Thanks!
Old 03-19-2001, 10:06 PM

Steve,

Mingster's bigger aeroscreen could help you, but Rick's might be a better replacement for you since you already have the stock screen. Rick's aeroscreen does have some problems with vibration, but some very resourceful people on this board have come up with some solutions for that.

I'm 5' 9" and my hair still get's a little messed up even with Mingster's screen. It doesn't get as nearly messed up as before, but what's the point of having a convertible if you're not willing to mess up your hair

We might be having a meet next month. Maybe you can come up and check out the aeroscreen. I think the next one might be closer to you. It'll probably be out on the eastside of town, just up the 605.

If you want, you can send me an e-mail. Just click on the mail icon to get my address.
Old 03-19-2001, 10:09 PM

Here's the install of Mark's aeroscreen on Saturday:

1. Drill the 2 holes already pre-placed for you by Honda

2. Use a smaller drill bit first, then go up in sizes

3. Peel the bottom protective covering

4. Peel the upper side of the bottom protective covering

5. Place the screen over the 2 holes, insert the fasteners into the countersunk holes

6. Tighten with the included wing nuts (for easy install/removal later on)

7. Almost done...
Old 03-19-2001, 10:11 PM

8. Peel off the rest of the protective covering

9. Peel off the rest of the protective covering

10. Voila!

Quick Reply: Another satisfied Mingster aeroscreen owner