S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Any current Hagerty Insurance customers here?

Old 06-22-2018, 11:39 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts
Default Any current Hagerty Insurance customers here?

I realize that I could do a search for this information, but I'm interested in obtaining as much current feedback as possible. I'm considering switching to Hagerty for coverage on the S2K. I'd like to hear from other S2K owners who insure their cars with Hagerty. How would you rate your experience with this company — would you recommend them? Thanks all.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:02 PM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

I would like to hear as well. I have a quote right now for mine, paying the same as I pay with my regular insurance, but much better coverage and most importantly, agreed upon replacement cost of $16k (on a 135,000 mile 01 AP1). So I would like to pull the trigger but have been looking for reviews as well.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:19 PM

Received 3,804 Likes on 3,029 Posts

I just switched the insurance on my s over to hagerty. I had a policy in the past on another collector car with them and found them to be straightforward never had any problems. The main reason I switched over with the s was due to the agreed value, regular insurance companies want to give you kbb and our cars have been appreciating over those values so with hagerty they are more realistic on the value of your car with the agreed value. I haven’t made any claims with them so maybe someone else can chime in on that aspect.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Thanks robb. Back in my youth when I owned my '67 Camaro Convertible, one of the smarter things I did was to obtain a stated value policy with State Farm. While this doesn't work quite the same as an "agreed value" policy like those offered by Hagerty as I understand it, when the Camaro was stolen from me, State Farm did pay me the full stated amount with very few questions asked. Of course those cars have appreciated another $20K+ at a minimum since then, lol. I would have been much smarter to have rented some garage space back then.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I currently have three cars insured with Hagerty. Nothing could force me to change.

I was at a meet with my 1966 Lincoln Continental Convertible in a very rural area. There was an issue with one of the wheels. I called Hagerty and they sent a flat bed to pick it up. In the 40 minutes it took for the truck to get there, they called three times to ensure everything was OK.

Also, they don’t dictate who drives your car. When I wanted to let my son drive my NSX for a weekend, called them to ask if I needed a special rider. They said it was completely up to me who drove the car.

I could go on but suffice it to say I’m a believer. The last time I asked they didn’t insure S2000’s because they considered it more of a “normal” car. Good to hear they do now...I’ll switch it over the them.

Last edited by Bamafan; 06-23-2018 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:41 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm curious, how does Hagerty work out the agreed value with customers? After the initial value is established, do they adjust it annually? Can you drop the liability portion of the coverage in the off season?

I have all my cars, and my home, insured with a small local carrier and I have been extremely happy with them as far as claims handling. They are much better than the big national companies as far as claims handling goes. There are discounts extended when you insure hour home and your cars. Also, they permit me to drop the liability portion of the coverage (leave comprehensive in force) when I store the car and its just a matter of a quick call or email to my agent to put the coverage back on for the summer. That saves quite a bit of money. But, they do not do agreed value as far as I know, so I am taking some risk in that regard.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:25 AM

Received 1,562 Likes on 928 Posts

I did ask for a quote from them for a price that I thought was fair for my S. It appeared to be reasonable. The only sticking point I suppose, is that I use the S for a weekend get away with the bride and may keep the car parked overnight at some bed and breakfast or hotel. I was not just driving it around town or to and from some meet or auto get together. I meet all the other requirements easily: extra cars to drive, not a DD, always garaged, etc.

Anyone out there who does this?
Old 06-23-2018, 09:56 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

That is the sticking point for these types of policies. Often its coverage only for too and from events. The limitations can restrict your current use.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:06 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Hmmm. That's huge. I did not realize there was any restriction on use. If that's the case I'm not interested.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:22 PM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

There is a local S2000 owner that works for Hagerty. At this weekend's Sebring event he explained there is no limitations on usage; you can still even do dragon trips.

Quick Reply: Any current Hagerty Insurance customers here?