S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Any current Hagerty Insurance customers here?

Old 06-25-2018, 11:18 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
One thing I’m scared of is the reviews online of Hagerty are absolutely horrible, haven’t decided if I want to take the risk. Most reviews claim that they sand bag with document requests, and then deny claims.
Which site were you referencing regarding those reviews? I have a hard time separating the signal from the noise in a lot of these cases because people that are happy rarely go posting up about how satisfied they are with a product or a service. But on the other hand if someone is unhappy then the odds are much better that they'll make the effort to complain about it, letting others know.
Old 06-26-2018, 12:19 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
Which site were you referencing regarding those reviews? I have a hard time separating the signal from the noise in a lot of these cases because people that are happy rarely go posting up about how satisfied they are with a product or a service. But on the other hand if someone is unhappy then the odds are much better that they'll make the effort to complain about it, letting others know.
Thats very true, I’m in TX, most negative reviews I’ve been reading on rennlist,the ACR viper forum, and yelp. You’re right about complainers taking to the web, there are entire sites geared towards hate on the big national carriers (Allstate) and I’ve always had a decent enough experience. I’m going to call them today to talk more about the minimum agreed value before I send over a years premium, since they don’t take payments.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look at Grundy too. $14,000 agreed value (probably too low) for $258 per year, no deductible. No mileage restrictions but you have to garage the car and have another car for each driver in the house. I only had to send in one photo of the car. Only issue I had was the length of time it took to get the policy (about a week). A very manual process and they work bankers hours.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:35 PM

I've wondered about Grundy as well. But my reason for reaching out to Hagerty is a bit ironic. I was talking to my State Farm agent about the possibility of a "stated value" policy and was told that this would require me to have my car inspected locally before State Farm would even consider such a thing. So I called the two shops that I was referred to (both of which specialize in classic/collector vehicles) about having such an inspection done. When I was talking with them, I only told them that I was interested in having my car inspected for insurance purposes. But before ending the conversation, I asked each of them who they believed to be the best company for insuring cars such as these and each of them immediately replied Hagerty.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:21 AM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

I need to read up more on this. Wondering if I can do this with my 2002 AP1. I only will be driving it on weekends, it'll be garaged when not driven; only for pleasure/weekends and I have another DD. Any age restrictions? I'm going to be 30 next month. No tickets within the past 5 years and no accidents; I'll reach out today.

Edit: I think I'll need to speak to a live person. It makes me default my car value to 30k to even get a quote. I put in the parameters of just recreational and club activity at maybe 2k miles per year....yeah, got a quote for $6500 annually....My current insurance company charges me 120 a month for full coverage. 1440 a year but I'm sure I can drop the coverage down to nearly nothing for winter time. This is my first time owning an S and unfortunately insurance rates in CT are rather high.

Last edited by Kyle; 06-29-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:05 AM

Received 1,191 Likes on 925 Posts

I just finished my application for Hagerty. Assuming no issues (not expecting any) I got a quote for
- great guaranteed value (about $7k more than what my current insurer would likely pay)
- approx 4000 miles of general use driving per year (I even tried up to 8000 on the application and it did not balk at it, just costs more)
- their second tier for roadside assistance, 60 miles, $100 for roadside assistance, unlimited occurrences and no deductible on it
- $500/$1000 deductables
- For the same price, almost exactly, as I pay now on my regular policy, with better liability coverage than my current policy.
- I put in pleasure use and autocross for usage.
- No photo required, no ask of mileage
- They did request my current declaration page (likely to confirm each driver has another car in the house)

Will update on it, especially if for some reason they do not take it. Application went through fine, but they do reserve the right to review before starting coverage.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:46 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

If you live in Calif you can call my son, Zachary @650 349 2600. He is a carnut, does track days, and loves hagerty. We are insurance brokers in San Mateo. tell him you are from this forum .
Old 07-11-2018, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by hirev
If you live in Calif you can call my son, Zachary @650 349 2600. He is a carnut, does track days, and loves hagerty. We are insurance brokers in San Mateo. tell him you are from this forum .
Thanks for the info! I am in MN though, but I am sure others on here would benefit.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:24 PM

Just as a follow-up, I sealed the deal with Hagerty and found them very reasonable to work with. My experience was very similar to engifineer's in terms of coverage/cost as compared to the previous insurer used. In my particular case a lot of this has to do with the fact that the S is truly a pleasure car and not a daily driver and we really won't be racking up that many miles on it (my fun time also accommodates things like motorcycling, fishing, etc.). So Hagerty just really seemed to be a good fit.

By the way, they did say that the car would be covered should something occur to it when the car is not stored in the garage, like while away on a trip. They just want to know that the car is primarily stored in a garage a majority of the time. Should I ever need to make changes to the policy I'll try to remember to post an update as to future experiences.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:36 AM

I also finished mine up and my policy is now effective. The only followup was a call to ask about my specific list of modifications and they had me text them 4 photos of the car. Otherwise, it went very smooth and fast. And it was kind of cool the hold music for the brief time I had to hold was Hotrod Lincoln :P

Quick Reply: Any current Hagerty Insurance customers here?