S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Any current Hagerty Insurance customers here?

Old 04-02-2019, 04:08 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by LagunaPearlAP2
Happy Hagerty customer here! Has anyone mentioned the fun events yet?
I have received the invites but have yet to attend any events.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
I have received the invites but have yet to attend any events.
Same here!
Old 04-03-2019, 07:15 AM

Received 49 Likes on 49 Posts

In Portland, the detailing clinic they put on a few weeks ago was great (although most classic car owners know how to use a DA polisher already) and invite was just sent out for free car museum admission for this month as well. I think it's a great way to get out and mingle with other car folks!
Old 04-05-2019, 05:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I wanted to look into switching to collector's insurance either through Hagerty or Grundy. I drive the car pretty much seasonally and never if there is rain. In the PNW that means I can drive it to work often in the summer but in the winter, it stays in the garage. During those months I drop my insurance down to comprehensive only which saves a good amount

I initially applied for Grundy (they were very cheap) but they denied coverage based on my statement that I drive the car to work occasionally. Apparently, their idea of "occasionally" is less than once a month.

I called Hagerty and they confirmed that, so long as I stay under the mileage I state, they are good we me driving the car as I like. The issue is I did the math comparing them to what I am currently paying with State Farm and I would only save like $50 on the annual preimums. This doesn't even take into account the reduction in cost during the winter. I currently get a multi-car discount on my DD that would go away if I dropped the S2000 off. I also get a discount on my personal liability umbrella policy for having all my cars insured with State Farm. The loss of those discounts pretty much offsets the savings with going over to Hagerty making it a wash. I am really on the fence about switching in that case. I am concerned about how State Farm would value the car should (heaven forbid) it get totaled but is that concern worth the hassle of switching over the policies?
Old 04-05-2019, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by jwzimm
The issue is I did the math comparing them to what I am currently paying with State Farm and I would only save like $50 on the annual preimums. This doesn't even take into account the reduction in cost during the winter. I currently get a multi-car discount on my DD that would go away if I dropped the S2000 off. I also get a discount on my personal liability umbrella policy for having all my cars insured with State Farm. The loss of those discounts pretty much offsets the savings with going over to Hagerty making it a wash. I am really on the fence about switching in that case. I am concerned about how State Farm would value the car should (heaven forbid) it get totaled but is that concern worth the hassle of switching over the policies?
If it's a wash I would recommend that you probe State Farm for more detailed answers as it still might be worth your while to insure your S2000 with Hagerty. To make sure you are comparing apples to apples make sure they know what guaranteed value you had discussed with Hagerty for the rate you were quoted. I asked our State Farm agent if they have any type of guaranteed value policy and they do not. Then I looked into their "Agreed Value" policy. When pushed for details my agent noted that agreed does not equate to guaranteed. I'm not sure what value there is in agreeing on a car's value if they can't guarantee they'll pay you that full amount in case of a total loss. At the time we had 4 vehicles and two motorcycles along with our home and life insurance all with State Farm. They still couldn't offer a policy that made it worth keeping the S2000 insured with them. I've noted elsewhere on this forum that I've been a happy State Farm customer for decades. But in my case when it came to the S2000 it just didn't make sense to stick with them.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
If it's a wash I would recommend that you probe State Farm for more detailed answers as it still might be worth your while to insure your S2000 with Hagerty. To make sure you are comparing apples to apples make sure they know what guaranteed value you had discussed with Hagerty for the rate you were quoted. I asked our State Farm agent if they have any type of guaranteed value policy and they do not. Then I looked into their "Agreed Value" policy. When pushed for details my agent noted that agreed does not equate to guaranteed. I'm not sure what value there is in agreeing on a car's value if they can't guarantee they'll pay you that full amount in case of a total loss. At the time we had 4 vehicles and two motorcycles along with our home and life insurance all with State Farm. They still couldn't offer a policy that made it worth keeping the S2000 insured with them. I've noted elsewhere on this forum that I've been a happy State Farm customer for decades. But in my case when it came to the S2000 it just didn't make sense to stick with them.
I was only comparing my current "Actual Cash Value" policy with State Farm to the Hagerty "Agreed Value" policy. I didn't even pursue the State Farm "Stated Value" policy as I know that it not the same as an "Agreed Value" one. I, like you, have been and will continue to be a happy State Farm customer. It is just that the S2000 has become a unique vehicle that requires unique treatment.

I have placed my insurance with Hagerty effective 4/12. I really think the peace of mind in having the agreed value in the event of a loss is worth the effort.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:29 PM

It looks like I might have mixed up the terminology when it comes to the various policy options between the two insurers. My apologies for that. At any rate, it appears that you came to the same conclusion that I did for the exact same reason. Once a vehicle reaches a point where depreciation has bottomed out and appreciation becomes a possibility then it's time to take a closer look at the policy covering the vehicle for the reasons mentioned above. In my case State Farm just did not make sense when it came to the S2000. With Hagerty I'm actually paying less for better coverage. But like you I'll be sticking with State Farm for everything else.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:00 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

i have hagerty, recently had to file a glass claim because of a pesky rock on the highway... they ponied up and paid for an oem windshield because my car still had an oem on it... very pleased with the customer service
Old 04-07-2019, 03:58 PM

Good to hear. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2019, 05:45 AM

Received 250 Likes on 147 Posts

I don't have Hagerty classic insurance, but I recently had to use their track insurance. The customer service is impeccable. Within a week of my incident the car was at a body shop of my choice already getting fixed. It took about two days from my claim for an adjustor to come out and for my repairs to be approved. They were also very understanding of my specific needs being a track car.