S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Any experience with RedlineGoods?

Old 02-14-2019, 05:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd love a guardian wheel if my car was a low mileage garage queen/show car but I can't justify the cost
Old 02-14-2019, 07:16 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

I have the steering wheel wrap. It's a chore to install. I would do a better job the next time around where I could use the techniques that I learned on the first. I'd rate my first wheel leather application to be a B+ to A-.

I also have the shift boot. I did not mind setting up the fitment and it works and looks quite nice.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:49 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Welp, that's my car up there in the original post. They actually installed the wrap on the wheel and sent me the whole thing to be installed. The quality of the leather is very nice - it feels better and has been much more durable than the OEM wheel. However even though they did the wrap themselves I can see places where the leather really had to be stretched to get it on, and I'm not sure I would've been able to do that myself. The stitching on the backside of the wheel isn't the cleanest either.

However to put this in perspective - I have a near pristine Momo steering wheel from an Accord Euro-R that I bought before I got the Redline Goods wrapped wheel, and the Momo wheel is still in a box in my garage somewhere. If you want perfection though, you'll have to pay more for it with time, money, and/or effort.

I also have a shift boot and that fit perfectly.

I also have an armrest cover from them that I didn't bother installing because it was so comically oversized. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 02-14-2019, 09:59 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

I have the redline shift boot on my car. It looks great and also fits great. The issue that people are having with the shift boots (that redline hasn't seemed to address or doesn't care to) is that they're patterned after an AP1 shift boot; AP2's have a different hole pattern for their retainer. I know this because I originally was going to do an AP2 console swap into my AP1, had the console, as well as the boot, had to poke different holes to fit it. Ended up not using the console and sold it, ordered another boot for my AP1, fit perfectly fine.

Here's a pic of their boot installed in my car. I don't have experience with their other products.

The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (02-15-2019)
Old 02-14-2019, 10:38 PM

You should put some 3M wrap around the fading plastics around your shifter with the red it will look badass! I did it to mine the other day and it looks so much better.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:45 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Funny, my shift boot fit perfectly in my AP2. Luck of the draw I guess, but it really shouldn't be that way.

Old 02-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
I have the redline shift boot on my car. It looks great and also fits great. The issue that people are having with the shift boots (that redline hasn't seemed to address or doesn't care to) is that they're patterned after an AP1 shift boot; AP2's have a different hole pattern for their retainer. I know this because I originally was going to do an AP2 console swap into my AP1, had the console, as well as the boot, had to poke different holes to fit it. Ended up not using the console and sold it, ordered another boot for my AP1, fit perfectly fine.

Here's a pic of their boot installed in my car. I don't have experience with their other products.

The problem is that they offered an option for AP1 or AP2 when I ordered. It's more than their customer service not wanting to address the problem, and I would call it fraudulent advertising if they're offering it as an AP2 product still.
Old 02-16-2019, 05:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How dangerous/difficult is it to swap an airbag?

I remember when shade tree mechanics were really hurting themselves by messing with steering wheels in the early 90's.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:10 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Guardian is over $1000 now? They weren’t close to that when I bought mine.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Carnut12
Guardian is over $1000 now? They weren’t close to that when I bought mine.
I apologize I got it confused with these ones, woops!

https://euroboutique.us/collections/steering-wheels (They are gorgeous! But so expensive.)

Quick Reply: Any experience with RedlineGoods?