S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone else searching or searched for gpw/all red combo?

Old 06-08-2018, 01:06 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts
Default Anyone else searching or searched for gpw/all red combo?

Apparently I got my work cut out for me. New member but long time s2k lover. At this point in my life poised to make a purchase, funds in hand, but I think it'll be quite a while before I find one. I've got an excellent budget that will definitely get me the car if one happens to pop up, it's just if and when at this point....I can't say it's the worst position to be in but at the same time it's not fun regardless.

Has anyone else had their heart set on this exact combo? I know they only made 327 of them in 2002, and who knows how many are still alive today in decent shape/mileage. Any fellow bros out there searching for the exact same configuration or have searched? As of now I watch the classifieds on here daily & I'm also part of a few large s2k FB groups, so the feelers are out there. Also check your typical car listings websites etc. Any other resources I should be taking advantage of? How long have you guys been looking or how long did it take when you decided to search for yours.

Last thing, it's worth a shot. Anyone got an 02 GPW/all red interior car for sale? (I tried)
Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Well... I know personally of two that were totaled, so make that 325. Good luck! The hunt will be worth it.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

I can understand your draw to a specific color combo. I was in the same predicament last year. I also found it hard to remain patient as there were numerous times when I was very tempted by other S2000s. In the end, I'm really glad to have held out for exactly what I was after.

Despite my own preferences, I think t's cool that Honda offered so many different combinations over the years. Like yourself, I also prefer the solid color seats over the two-tone seats. Is the rest of the interior red as well (dash, etc.)? That would be a pretty stunning combo. Good luck finding what you're after.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

^^^^Yes
Levi
Old 06-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

Unfortunately there is one being parted out on FB now with very little damage, I just don't understand some people?
Old 06-08-2018, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Hfreak
Unfortunately there is one being parted out on FB now with very little damage, I just don't understand some people?
Ouch. That’s definitely a bummer.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Nerd-Vol (06-09-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 07:45 PM

Yep, that’s definitely a stunning color combo.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:08 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Well I haven’t been searching long but 3 have already crossed my radar; and one sold on here a couple of months ago.

The one posted in this thread was gorgeous, but had a blemished carfax. Unfortunately as I was making arrangements to get it inspected someone put a deposit on it, oh well.

Another one is at a BMW dealership in Florida, one owner, 78k miles, front end accident on the carfax. Another member on here local to FL has also inquired about it and the car seems like it’s in kinda rough shape. Gonna pass on that one too I think.

Lastly I had a guy post on Reddit of all places to email him. I emailed him, got his number, and he has a one-owner, 70k mile accident-free one that he would “sell for the right price” if it was persuasive. I offered him 20 cash, he said he didn’t accept an offer of 24 in person. At that point I had to bid him good day. I took some fire on here for seeming like a prick about pricing, so I’m not going to say anything more than the car was simply worth more to him than I was willing to pay. Apparently he owns 10 s2000s including an Ap2 with 7k miles and a CR, but the white/red was his favorite.

Anyways I’m confident one will come along at the right price and in the right shape. I don’t mind paying more for this combo, but there’s certain instances where I need to just walk away lol. I just know with absolute certainty that I’m willing to wait as long as possible for this particular combo to fall into my lap; I’d regret any other configuration and I’m just not willing to compromise on that. Of course on the same side of the coin I’m also willing to expand my budget for a black/red 08-09, also just as rare and seemingly MUCH more expensive as I’ve learned the hard way recently. I’ve adjusted my budget accordingly so hopefully I won’t be as shocked. We shall see. The hunt continues. Anyone else have any good stories about chasing their unicorn?
Old 06-22-2018, 06:57 AM

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey, it's s2ki's favorite forum member!

It's challenging enough to find a clean example of any S2000. You've got it narrowed down to such a specific model. I mean aren't there less of those than CR's? Waiting will only result in higher prices; these things aren't going down in price. You said you're going to supercharge it. Why are you set on that certain combo? It's not like you're going to keep it as a garage queen.

For me personally I knew I wanted an AP2 and if the price was in the high teens or higher, I was out. There were a couple colors I did not want. I also wanted a stock car, no accidents, and all VIN numbers in tact. I flew from Kansas City to Dallas earlier this year to buy my '05 NFR. It has a bit higher mileage, but seems to be well maintained and in good overall shape. It's a toy for me, and the prices have gotten out of control for me. I simply refused to pay 20 something because the value was not there, for ME. In the 20's I was looking at other cars, but really wanted an s2k.

Good luck in your search!

Quick Reply: Anyone else searching or searched for gpw/all red combo?