S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Anyone Here Being Through Snow Storm By Police Car ? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/anyone-here-being-through-snow-storm-police-car-1191761/)

zeroptzero 02-11-2019 02:38 PM

Anyone Here Being Pushed Through Snow Storm By Police Car ?

Sorry for the missed word in the title but it doesn't allow corrections for some reason. But just watching the nightly news on NBC I saw a Silverstone S2000 being pushed by a cop car through a heavy snow storm. The cop car had crash bars and was pushing the rear bumper of the S2000, it must have been scratched all to hell, but at least it was moving I guess lol. The news was covering large snow storms throughout the US, I think the S2000 may have been in Seattle or California , not totally sure as it went by pretty fast, funny was hell though.

S2Gager 02-11-2019 02:59 PM

It was here in utah. The kid was talking about it on Utah S2k Club on facebook.... Why he thought it was a good idea to be out driving i will never know. He didnt post pictures of the bumper yet but im sure its all messed up :(

zeroptzero 02-11-2019 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by S2Gager (Post 24565191)
It was here in utah. The kid was talking about it on Utah S2k Club on facebook.... Why he thought it was a good idea to be out driving i will never know. He didnt post pictures of the bumper yet but im sure its all messed up :(

Oh this is too funny, thanks for clarifying the location. Yeah that was a crazy snow storm even by Canadian standards, that S2000 was just plowing snow in that storm, way too low to get through all that white stuff.

GuthNW 02-11-2019 03:11 PM

That's a bummer. But I reckon it's a good thing that at least he didn't end up being stranded which is never any fun. When I was a kid growing up in Illinois my Triumph Spitfire was indeed my year-round transportation. I can remember getting that car stuck a few times in the winter when drifting through corners for fun and running a bit wide. Sometimes I could actually free the car on my own. Other times I had to flag someone else down for a hand. The only damage I did to the car was exposing it to road salt all winter long and fortunately no one ever got hurt. Just your typical knucklehead kid I suppose.

xxyion 02-11-2019 03:25 PM

I think its funny how you said Seattle or California. Silly Rabbit, we dont get snow here in CA. (I'm joking of course we get it in the top 1/3 of the state.

zeroptzero 02-11-2019 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by xxyion (Post 24565205)
I think its funny how you said Seattle or California. Silly Rabbit, we dont get snow here in CA. (I'm joking of course we get it in the top 1/3 of the state.

Yes I knew that Northern California gets snow, I always did well in Geography :) . Now ask the average American to locate Canada on a map and get ready for some good laughs, lol. j/k

cosmomiller 02-11-2019 06:41 PM

Amazing, I just saw the news and spotted the car. I went back with the DVR and showed my wife: " that is an AP!!"
What do you know, here it is in the forum. Classic.

zeroptzero 02-11-2019 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by cosmomiller (Post 24565272)
Amazing, I just saw the news and spotted the car. I went back with the DVR and showed my wife: " that is an AP!!"
What do you know, here it is in the forum. Classic.

About the only TV I watch these days is the NBC nightly news at 6:30 EST, I was watching it with my wife and I yelled out "look at that S2000 being pushed by a cop car, holy cow. " I kept asking my wife what State that was from but we both missed it as they were spouting off a number of states with big storms.. Being a small community I figured someone might know the driver, lol. I guess he didn't pay attention to the weather forecast for the day.