S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Anyone use a (kids) booster seat in the S?

Old 07-02-2016, 10:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by yakswak
Did you guys get an airbag disable switch? Sorry maybe slightly off topic but related. It's legal where I live also (OR), as there is no backseat to put the kid. My last two seater (Z4M coupe) had a key slot to disable airbag on passenger dash.
I'd also like to know if anyone has done this. Once my daughter is on booster seat, I will want to take her on short trips in the S.
Any recommendation on where to purchase these?
Old 07-03-2016, 10:57 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I put a towel down then a giant dictionary with a pillow on top. The dictionary fits between the bolsters perfectly, and lets face it a regular booster seat is just a device to enable thier body to be positioned properly for the SRS to do it's job. It is not a safety device itself.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:05 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Got this one from Amazon. As others noted, doesn't fit between the bolsters, but a towel will fix that. There are much more expensive ones out there, but no one could explain what they do better than this $35 one. So this is what I bought (x2, one permanently in my wife's RDX, the other one will float between the S2000 and my TSX).

Daughter LOVES it and loves that she can now ride in "red car" for trips longer than just on our street.

Name:  8027D07B-EB52-4871-B4C7-F9DA11082D41_zpsg53inair.jpg
Views: 2754
Size:  139.3 KB

Name:  2841C6E7-BFEF-4E21-A6F9-7E1889CEBB55_zpshgmqy5mf.jpg
Views: 2215
Size:  113.8 KB
Old 04-21-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Stack
Got this one from Amazon. As others noted, doesn't fit between the bolsters, but a towel will fix that. There are much more expensive ones out there, but no one could explain what they do better than this $35 one. So this is what I bought (x2, one permanently in my wife's RDX, the other one will float between the S2000 and my TSX).

Daughter LOVES it and loves that she can now ride in "red car" for trips longer than just on our street.
Chris, how is that Evenflo AMP seat working out for you? How did you use the towel to make it fit between the seat's bolsters? Are there other good seats (booster ot backless booster) that are narrow enough to fit between the bolsters? BTW if you still live in AH then you might spot me in your neighborhood. I picked a silver AP2 a week ago.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If I had a child in the passenger seat I would definitely disable their airbag..
Old 04-22-2017, 06:34 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Year old thread but in the 2006 and later cars the air bag is disabled if there is light weight in the passenger seat. I saw somewhere it takes 60 pounds to activate the airbag function in that seat but couldn't find it in my owner's manual.

What I did find is an entire section on protecting children in this car containing constant "don't do it" recommendations. And if you ignore that recommendation never use a rear facing seat. I'd reserve this strictly for emergency situations, not for going for a fun drive.

Your kid. Your choice. You get to explain what happened to your wife and the child's grandparents. It's not like the child is irreplaceable. You can always make another.

-- Chuck
Old 04-22-2017, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please spare me the lectures. That's not what I came here for. I have read the manual cover to cover. I was bored lol, and I typically do that with every car purchase. Thank you very much.

I'm looking for information on high back (or preferably backless) booster seats similar to what Chris is using, especially one that's narrow enough to fit between the seat bolsters. Again, thank you.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nsx4
Please spare me the lectures. That's not what I came here for. I have read the manual cover to cover. I was bored lol, and I typically do that with every car purchase. Thank you very much.

I'm looking for information on high back (or preferably backless) booster seats similar to what Chris is using, especially one that's narrow enough to fit between the seat bolsters. Again, thank you.
Then why dont you pm so he will get some kind of notification so you can possibly get an answer rather than bring back a year old thread for all the public to see because you had a specific question? Replying to this thread doesnt notify him, but oh my apologies everyone looks at every single posted thread every single day. Chris will be with you shortly, sorry to keep Chris from answering your specific question while you listen to my lectures.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Love the internet safety police. FWIW, nsx4 and I communicated via PM. He and I live near each other, drive in similar conditions (suburban surface streets) and both find the risk is acceptable for short trips where speeds rarely exceed 45mph.

Feel free to live your life differently. My daughter is obsessed with the S2000 and is excited that she and I share something special that few other kids get to do, even if it's only for short trips around town.
The following users liked this post:
nsx4 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 1,311 Likes on 991 Posts

Its funny, I read Chucks comments and didn't feel they were preachy at all.

Rereading what he wrote, I can see how its one of those internet forum things were the true intended tone is open to interpretation. If I read and assume he is being preachy, it sounds condescendingly preachy. But if I read it assuming he is actually trying to be helpful, it sounds like he is using humor to be nonjudgmental.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a (kids) booster seat in the S?