S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Aston Martin Drunk Driver Totalled my S :(

Old 08-26-2015, 05:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Aston Martin Drunk Driver Totalled my S :(

Got woken up in the middle of the night by a loud car flying up and down my street. Before you know it I hear that car cracking sound and my stomach dropped because I remembered that I parked by the turn in front of my house. Went running downstairs and looked outside I couldn't believe what was before my eyes. My 06 Laguna Blue with 80k miles DESTROYED!!! The car meant everything to me, I am the second owner and have owned it for 7 years. I planned to keep it forever it ran amazing with no problems.

Was crushed by some asshole drunk driver in a 4 door Aston Martin Rapide S. Its a 25 mph speed limit and he must have flew head first into my car doing 60+ at impact. The Aston's tire flew off on impact and then after using my car as a brake it then hit the car in front of mine and started a 3 car pile up. I am in complete disbelief no clue what to do know that it's gone. Feels like someone punched me in the gut.

Aston Martin Drunk Driver Totalled my S :(-4nphmjz.jpg

priceless paperweight
Aston Martin Drunk Driver Totalled my S :(-yntxmuw.jpg

Name:  1WItiun.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  76.6 KB

220k paperweight
Aston Martin Drunk Driver Totalled my S :(-fvkdchu.jpg

The tire ripped off the aston 50 yards down the sidewalk
Aston Martin Drunk Driver Totalled my S :(-oojqpfy.jpg
Old 08-26-2015, 05:39 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

OMG that's just awful. Very surprised that the tire and suspension ripped off the Aston like that. Thankfully...Im sure the guy's got insurance on it. Go find you another one...you can fall in love again!
Old 08-26-2015, 05:46 AM

Yeah somehow the airbags in it didn't go off either. No clue how those guys walked away from it uninjurged. If my car wasn't there to stop them they would have flew right into that tree or my house.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as the other guy has insurance you'll be okay.
Anndd at least it was an Aston and not a box with 4 wheels
Old 08-26-2015, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bauss
As long as the other guy has insurance you'll be okay.
Anndd at least it was an Aston and not a box with 4 wheels
Just because the other person is insured doesn't make everything great. When insurance pays out, they don't factor in future appreciation and the mods in the car. I have MY00' with an AP2 full swap/bumpers/lights/interior, but if anything ever happens to it I'm probably going to get $7,000 from the insurance because my chassis has "155,000 Miles" (even though my swap has less than 80k).

All in all, as bad as it is brother I'm really glad it didn't hit your house and no one (at least from your family) was hurt in this sickening event.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:04 AM

I kept the car mainly stock just for resale value which is good. Had flashpro tune but I was able to unlock it from the car. If I get another S I would only be interested in a Laguna Blue definitely my favorite color.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear this. With a little patience you will find your next LBP beauty - maybe lower miles and even better condition. There is one for sale in North Carolina apparently with only 9k miles (in the "Is this car worth it" thread).
Old 08-26-2015, 06:21 AM

Received 1,553 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by steelers743
Was crushed by some asshole drunk driver in a 4 door Aston Martin Rapide S.
If that is true, police were involved, report/arrest made, usual suspects rounded up, you have a case here. Forget the usual insurance route. If this is indeed the case, go get a free consult with your favorite attorney. You can sue for damages as a result of his criminal/negligent actions. Your loss of your vehicle and other related problems can be addressed. Demand a full replacement of like or better value and other damages including attorney fees. As there are no injuries here, all property, the guilty will (if his attorney is in the land of the sane) settle out of court and meet your demands.

It might take a little while, but you can get back in the saddle here.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Originally Posted by steelers743' timestamp='1440595506' post='23726854
Was crushed by some asshole drunk driver in a 4 door Aston Martin Rapide S.
If that is true, police were involved, report/arrest made, usual suspects rounded up, you have a case here. Forget the usual insurance route. If this is indeed the case, go get a free consult with your favorite attorney. You can sue for damages as a result of his criminal/negligent actions. Your loss of your vehicle and other related problems can be addressed. Demand a full replacement of like or better value and other damages including attorney fees. As there are no injuries here, all property, the guilty will (if his attorney is in the land of the sane) settle out of court and meet your demands.

It might take a little while, but you can get back in the saddle here.
+1 here, I would definitely consult at least 1 to 2 lawyers on the matter
Old 08-26-2015, 07:01 AM

The guy they "said" was driving was barely under the legal limit to drive and was given a reckless driving ticket. But I am 100% certain is the the owner of the car driving and he was shit faced but no DUI arrest was made. That still might be an avenue worth taking.

Quick Reply: Aston Martin Drunk Driver Totalled my S :(