S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Best way to convince your mom to buy you an s2k!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistman,Jun 10 2008, 07:22 AM
I'm 6'3" and had a 6'5" passenger in the car when I rolled it, neither one of us even had a scratch, I vote it's a pretty safe roadster.
wow, thats a huge suprise to me. Well heres the gecko. I paid for half of my tsx and got into a wreck. My mother doesn't approve of the s2k because its a 2 seater. She's saying its unsafe. I told her it has a high crashing rate as well. Still no. =[

For you guys who says to buy it for myself. I'd buy my own car if my mother gives me the money I paid for my tsx and the money i put into it because the checks going to be 28K +

I also pay for my own insurance!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:39 AM

Didn't we just do this one? Tell mommy you have a boo boo and only an S2000 will make it better.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by daicacharco,Jun 10 2008, 10:34 AM
wow, thats a huge suprise to me. Well heres the gecko. I paid for half of my tsx and got into a wreck. My mother doesn't approve of the s2k because its a 2 seater. She's saying its unsafe. I told her it has a high crashing rate as well. Still no. =[

For you guys who says to buy it for myself. I'd buy my own car if my mother gives me the money I paid for my tsx and the money i put into it because the checks going to be 28K +

I also pay for my own insurance!
Why would she give you the 15k YOU spent on YOUR car? Not to mention, the car depreciates over time so its not even worth the original 15k you put in it.

Have you seen the INS cost on a s2000? Its ~6th most expensive to insure...
Old 06-10-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's with these mommy posts lately? I don't think I would have announced this to the whole world even when I was 16. It just sounds so immasculating. You might say it's just the internet, but assume that you do get one and attend local meets. = T I know I'd have a lot of preconceptions about you.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 AM

Big Effin deal you paid for half. You should be paying for all of it if its your car. Im with some of the other members. what is with all these mommy posts lately. Why dont you stop bitchin and buy your own damn car and stop relying your parents for everything. Or in your cause half
Old 06-10-2008, 08:02 AM

Well, he is saying he paid for half the TSX with his own money but his mom got the insurance check so she has to give him his money BACK and he will buy his own then.

I had to read it a couple of times to get it but he didn't get the 15k from mom, just now needs it back out of the insurance to buy the s2k.

I won't give you too hard of a time, I was in a similar situation a long time ago. My mom paid off my truck for me while I was in boot camp and wouldn't accept my money to pay her back, she said it was a gift for doing something with my life instead of being a loser like my other friends lol. At least you paid for half of a nice car.

I have to say though man, if she doesn't want you to have one and it's apparent you are still somewhat dependent on her, just let it slide for a bit until you are on your own and then go get it. They aren't going anywhere.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not another mommy post.... Just tell your mom your going to hold your breath till you past out. That should change her mind.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 AM

There are many S2Ks for sale for around $15K. Just ask for your original investment back and problem solved.

Drive safely and be nice to mom.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:33 AM

tfgh
Old 06-10-2008, 08:33 AM

I honestly dont understand what parents would buy their kids a car. When I was 16 I drove $1000 beaters because thats all I could afford, and I would have never expected my mommy to buy me anything. I had "borrowed" money from my dad but I paid it back in monthly installments like a loan. I dont care if Im a millionaire when I have kids, they will be working and buying their own shit.

Quick Reply: Best way to convince your mom to buy you an s2k!