S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Boy am I Pi*#ed off at Space Coast Honda in Cocoa, FL

Old 01-03-2003, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda dealers suck. They don't give their customers the respect they deserve. I heard that Lexus and Mercedes dealers are much better. But then again, look how much more money those cars cost. I looked at an SLK once and the dealer basically forced me to take the car home for a day. But the Honda dealer didn't even want me to test drive the S2000 for more than 5 minutes. And the SLK cost more than the S2000!!! What is that about?
Old 01-03-2003, 09:45 AM

All this talk about delivery horror story makes me wonder if Honda can offer "homeland" delivery for interested owners...Just like how M3 owners can pick their car up in Germany, drive it to the port, fly back, and receive your car at the port of entry and drive it to home. I think this will resolve the "what ifs" and other nagging questions in the back of our heads once and for all. Not to mention the chance to see Tochigi factory and even get to know the guy who built your car!
Old 01-03-2003, 10:02 AM

Hey Suzukab,

I am a customer of Space Coast Honda and purchased my S2000 from them as well. I am sorry for hearing this and I support you! I am glad you stood firm! Is there anything I can do?
One thing though. They did have a used Suzuka Blue on the lot the other day that had 3000 miles. Could that have been the one that was on the showroom floor?
I hope it was! Let me know what I can do!

Maybe I should become a customer of Southeastern Honda, now that I have heard how they treated you. I am a Honda buyer and have always been one. Keep me posted, for I can also take my business elsewhere!

P.S. Are you going to the S2000 meet Saturday with the rest of the Orlando group?
Old 01-03-2003, 10:27 AM

They have been good to me since I purchased my car, and their service dept. seems great! I hope they can fix your concerns!
Old 01-03-2003, 12:41 PM

SuzukaB,

I know you are trying to delete the posting, but isn't the purpose of this site to inform others about things like this? If the dealership isn't going to take care of it's customers, then why not let the world hear about it?

You have informed me as a local, and made me aware.

Sometimes dealerships would rather make a killing on one deal, than make an honest and reasonable, fair deal over and over, assuming you will come back as a customer. Repeat business is what keeps businesses thriving! They treated me ok. As for your deal, I see your concerns.

I have owned 4 Hondas and 3 Acuras and often purchase them from the same dealer, when possible. With all the other dealers in the Orlando area, I would bet you will not be coming East any longer to make your next Honda purchase.

I have received numerous Private Messages from others concerned about this situation, as I am sure you have. I hope you can resolve it and they take care of you as they should.

For now, they are my service dealer of choice, because the service manager, John, is fantastic! If you choose to bring the car to Space Coast for service, he will surely take good care of you. Very nice and customer friendly.

P.S. Are you joining the Tampa, Orlando, Melbourne, Daytona, and Jacksonville S2000 meeting tomorrow in St. Augustine? I'm sure you will be a hot topic!

Drive safe,

Warren
Old 01-03-2003, 01:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by caputo
[B]SuzukaB,

I know you are trying to delete the posting, but isn't the purpose of this site to inform others about things like this?
Old 01-03-2003, 02:02 PM

Oh please,the dealers going to fire this guy over a post?Sounds like another line of BS from a sales persons pie hole.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gymniac
[B]SuzukaB,

I feel your pain.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:09 PM

Sounds like your salesman should look for a more reputable place to work. I think they would have a hard time justifying firing HIM. He would have a lot of recourse...
Old 01-03-2003, 03:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure exactly what happened here since it looks like some of the initial info is gone but it does sound like somebody caught it good.

Trying to fill in some of the gaps and getting a phone call from one of the earlier posters on the thread to check this out I'll put in my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Don't take being nailed. Not sure what the best alternative is (news organization, lawyer, just face-to-face with the GM?) but it sounds like someone at the dealership wants this thing hushed/fixed. Salesperson getting fired over this? Sort of doubt that but who cares that won't get your money back. From what I understand from the caller is "management" wants to work it out. Hopefully that's the case but knowing your rights doesn't hurt either. They don't want this to become "news" whether it be on a station, this site, or otherwise.

Personally I have been very dissappointed with Honda in general. The car is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC but the service is nothing like what I had with Acura. As noted before these are the same people that service and sell Civics. Granted, I have met some VERY NICE people at a couple of the dealerships up here. BUT they aren't the ones actually selling or fixing the cars. For example, I had a noise I was getting from time-to-time. The tech rode with me and noted something wasn't right but because the Service Manager said to call the toll free tech line and "THEY" said everything was "normal" they sent me on my merry way. Turns out the catalytic converter was messed up (TSB covered) and the shift lever needs some greasing. How do I know this stuff? This SITE!!! Not Honda, this Site!!!!

It pays to be on here!!!!!!

Anyway, that's my 2 cents and probably even more. Not sure of the solution but needless to say I'll never go to Space Coast. Am I just one S2000? Actually NO. I coordinate the club up in these parts and we now have nearly 30 S2000's. In fact, we have a meeting tomorrow (1/4) and for the first time have people driving up from Tampa, Orlando, Melbourne, Daytona, St. Augustine, plus some regulars from Jacksonville, Orange Park, the Beaches, etc. So, no I'm not ONE car or ONE customer. When a certain dealership ticked me off a few months ago let's just say my feelings were "vented" at the next monthly meeting. Sort of makes you think twice before going back that's for sure.

Good luck to you and hope things work out and soon. Once it does settle down keep in touch so you can make a meeting here and there. Those are fun!

Quick Reply: Boy am I Pi*#ed off at Space Coast Honda in Cocoa, FL