S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Why did others make it ?

Old 03-19-2012, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did others make it ?

I was thinking while driving the other day , just how good my car is ....I've owned an S2000 going on 8yrs, still to this day think its one of the best driving cars I ever been in !! I don't know if its me , but the S DRIVES SOOOOO MUCH BETTER then some other "sports cars" in the same market ...example "I'm speaking mostly about the older models " The Z3 , Z4 , The Slk , The Audi tt , The Mazda miata , The Mini cooper ETC.... yet all these cars are still in production , The best one is gone ....why did Honda let the other car co move ahead with fresh updates and great marketing.Yet they left the S out to dry with very little to no marketing and only minor updates over the ten yrs of production.
The thought is how can these cars mentioned still be in production enjoying increased sales while our little wondermobile ...is history. To top it off most of em cost 20-40% more
Wish Honda made the S for as long as these other cars have been made , its better , nicer looking , more in almost all aspects of fun to drive/own ...I don't get it .............HONDA BRING BACK THE S2000 ...just the way it was "perfect"!!
They made the Morgan S for yrs and yrs with no updates and its still is production...yet our S is gone forever ...
Well one thing for sure is I'll never ever sell mine ...its irreplaceable ...it was then, it is now and will forever be ...long live the one and only S2k
Old 03-19-2012, 10:03 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

im glad its not made anymore, and im also hoping they dont try to bring it back. in my opinion they would without a doubt ruin the legacy.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:10 AM

^^ this... one of my favorite things about the s2k is how rare of a car it is..its not like miatas or z3's and so on that you see almost every day...its a special car
Old 03-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by NFR_AP2
im glad its not made anymore, and im also hoping they dont try to bring it back. in my opinion they would without a doubt ruin the legacy.
Im kinda in your camp to , I know it would ruin the history plus they would never remake an "old" car the same anyway ...I know that ,just wishful thinking I guess .
Old 03-19-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by pakman08
^^ this... one of my favorite things about the s2k is how rare of a car it is..its not like miatas or z3's and so on that you see almost every day...its a special car
x2 ...no question about that ...just look at the posts on this site ... Its funny sometimes you would think the car ran on air and spit flowers out the exhaust they way people talk about em .Never seen a site with so much praise from owners as S2Ki , The is overwhelming for the S ...its like a secret cult , only the few lucky ones will ever understand
Think I like the S a bit to much sometimes ...the more time goes on the more I love my car ...its like fine wine
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I think having a semi-limited edition with the personality of the S2000 is great.

It doesn't really bother me that it is no longer made, but more so that parts such as the OEM AP1 lip are no longer made by Honda. If you want one, you have to by an aftermarket version...and fitment may suck. I plan on keeping my S2000 until I die, so I'd like parts to be easier to get my hands on.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Answer OP's question: Profit Margin.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I look for a second motor, tranny and diff all the time, because I think the car is a winner and I'm preparing for the future. Special to me and many others. Even it doesn't fulfill a lot of peoples torque expectations or 'needs' it does me just fine.

It doesn't bother me that it's no longer made either. It adds to the legacy and legend that there aren't a millon of these rolling around. I think it will be made again at some point, but this car at this time is the one for me.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I also love how they only made it in manual, keeps the non-enthusiasts away. But the thing that I dont like about it not being produced is that its not mentioned in magazines or being compared to other cars anymore, also I know top gear will never review it now(I know they did a while ago)
Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts

Those other cars offered automatic transmissions, which is a big attraction for women purchasers. Not having automatic trannies was good for us, but it chopped a big portion of potential purchasers from buying the car.

Quick Reply: Why did others make it ?