S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

CR OWNERS who bought their car new

Old 09-26-2009, 12:02 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
Default CR OWNERS who bought their car new

Hi Everyone,

I'll keep this as short as possible, I am trying to help my friend purchase a new CR. She is over 1500 miles away. The CR is local to me and has had a slew of problems, with the most recent having a tie rod break from over revving. It's had lambo doors, Cold air intake, etc, all this done at the dealer. The only thing left that is still on the car is the Skunk2 Exhaust and lowjack. They are asking $41000. It came in on the same shipment as mine did, Oct 2007!

Now the car has a history, has two dings in the fender, some wear, etc. Still a "new car"

When I went in to talk about it, I brought all my documentation of my sale from a local dealer in April, along with a knowledge history of the car. I showed them the amount I paid OTD, since in Oregon we have NO sales tax, it was 27158. My car had 00068 miles on it with NO history.

My friend was looking for upper 20's. The dealer will NOT remove the exhaust and they say they can get more than $34,000 at an auction. Obviously not, and my deal was a once in a lifetime deal. (Keep in mind they were open to the idea when I was there). I think because she's a girl negotiating over the phone they are not working with her.

They wanted proof that other people have been able to get deals like mine on their BRAND NEW CR's. If anyone would be willing to photocopy and e-mail me their purchase contracts privately, or have any additional input on how to work with them, it'd be GREATLY appreciated. Feel free to block out personal info. They just want to to see the dealer contract with purchase price.

My email is IraLeventhal@gmail.com I know quite a few of us have recently purchased CR's in the upper 20's. Any help would be great.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a CR but I purchased from Florida one year ago a 07 GPW with 22K on the car. No history one owner clean carfax. I ended up paying 25.9K for the car USD. Total price CDN to get the car delivered to my door was 29,999.99. At the time the exchange was almost at par.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I've heard of this car if it is the one with Lambo doors... Are there any other CR's in your/her area? This one sounds like it's probably not worth the discount you could get for it over a no-history car, plus the dealer won't even lower it to a normal CR price. A car that has had something break from over-revving when it hadn't even been broken in is not one I'd buy even for a substantial discount... it has probably been beat on in test drives all its life. Just my $.02.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=ileventhal86,Sep 26 2009, 12:02 PM]
Old 09-26-2009, 01:21 PM

This specific CR was the target because of it being here in Oregon first of all which means no sales tax, and also because it had been at the dealer for long enough that a substantial discount would seem plausible.

The car has a factory warranty once it is sold, so whatever has been done to it is covered. If something is messed up with it, its Honda's to fix.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:30 PM

these cars dont break down often so its not something I would want to add to the mix
Old 09-26-2009, 01:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ileventhal86,Sep 26 2009, 04:21 PM
being here in Oregon first of all which means no sales tax
Where the car is located has nothing to do with sales tax. Sales tax is determined by where you register the car.

If I were to buy this car in Oregon, and register the car in Maryland I'd have to pay 6% sales tax for MD. Unless your friend lives in a state that do not charge a sales or exercise tax on vehicles, she'd still end up paying sales tax.

[QUOTE]The car has a factory warranty once it is sold, so whatever has been done to it is covered.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:22 PM

dont buy it this car was reported in another forum wich i dont remember right now to have frame damage(hood and fenders didnt line up)
Old 09-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Well i payed $35k for . But $41k is way to much now to pay for a CR. There are some still out there tell her to keep looking if they don't want to budge. There is one down the road from me for $26900 with almost 15k miles and i think thats to much. I also think i payed to much but u live and learn is how i look at it. Im still glade i got my CR
Old 09-26-2009, 02:28 PM

The registration would be local.

The factory warranty is intact once the car is sold.

The car didn't "break down" on its own, the fitment on the car is fine, there has been no frame damage. Locally we have known about it for a long time, as well as the flaws.

08YellowCR, What color is the one for sale locally?

Quick Reply: CR OWNERS who bought their car new