S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

CR for sale at Porsche Dealer, is this price serious????

Old 07-04-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Someone will buy it and justify the price asked.
This is a very low mile car with tasteful mods. Someone looking at a 100k+ Porsche may test drive it and realize they could save 40k and have just as much (if not more) fun in this.
More "mature" enthusiasts with the funds are buying these up... I'm not so sure it's a typical "collector's" car as much as an older enthusiast's car who realizes they don't make cars like this any longer.
The values are going up on these nice examples of S2000's in general (stock and tastefully modded). As values go up and test the envelope ppl will be shocked at asking prices but as long as ppl are buying then there you go.

For 60k with those mods you will be hard pressed to find anything in the same performance range and fun factor.
This, established people with money to burn are very likely to pick this up, some people just don’t get it.

A stock CR is more collectible but If you're buying a car to drive and you’re used to fast cars than the stock CR doesn’t cut it. Every time I sell a car I price it close to what I have in it with a little room to work, ignore the young kids and penny pinchers long enough for someone to come along.

There is such a difference in mods, and well done mods. It’s like the difference in a kit installed at LHT vs the ape in his garage who can’t figure out why he keeps snapping belts and hardware. One definitely adds value to me where the other doesn’t, and if I’m the buyer with the money, that’s all that matters.

I hope they get every penny, it’s good for all owners.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:44 PM

Received 81 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc

This, established people with money to burn are very likely to pick this up, some people just don’t get it.

A stock CR is more collectible but If you're buying a car to drive and you’re used to fast cars than the stock CR doesn’t cut it. Every time I sell a car I price it close to what I have in it with a little room to work, ignore the young kids and penny pinchers long enough for someone to come along.

There is such a difference in mods, and well done mods. It’s like the difference in a kit installed at LHT vs the ape in his garage who can’t figure out why he keeps snapping belts and hardware. One definitely adds value to me where the other doesn’t, and if I’m the buyer with the money, that’s all that matters.

I hope they get every penny, it’s good for all owners.
Well put. Couldn't agree more.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
What in the world are you talking about? KW coilovers & 200TW tires on stock wheels are totally reasonable for a street car.

This is still a CR, while still super, super, super clean/nice, is it a stock collector car? No. Is it going to be a billion times more fun to drive & way cooler to all but concours judges? Yeah, 100%.

This car is overpriced BUT for $60k, I'm not sure you're getting anything much more fun (or better sorted).
He probably thinks it should have a Tanabe exhaust also
Old 07-05-2018, 03:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
What in the world are you talking about? KW coilovers & 200TW tires on stock wheels are totally reasonable for a street car.
Have you spent significant time in Cleveland’s east side? It eats stock mid-size sedan suspension and wheel setups.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:17 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by thepriceisright
Have you spent significant time in Cleveland’s east side? It eats stock mid-size sedan suspension and wheel setups.
Have you spent significant time on Milwaukee's north side? In a lowered AP1? Without blowing up a wheel? *knocks on wood*

Originally Posted by arsenal
He probably thinks it should have a Tanabe exhaust also
Nothing else has the refined, sporty sound that the Honda S2000 warrants. Only plebeian fools fall for any other system.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:54 AM

Received 107 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by SaintS2000
I think the biggest plus is the mileage. Sure, the car is clean. But, if I were to buy a collector's car, I'd spend my money on an NSX!
+1

Heck yeah... I'd way rather buy an NSX than that crackhead-priced S2k. The Ultimate Honda.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A leading platform for crypto currency ratings, ICO information and compliance andconsulting services
Old 07-05-2018, 04:35 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have owned several P-Cars, when I bought my S2K my other option was the Boxster Spyder, they go for $60K or so, I don’t think anyone would choose this S2K over a Spyder, no chance.

Time will tell.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nibreezy
Well for one, it’s a dealer. Whoever appraised the car, took account the value of the Supercharger kit into the pricing as well.
I disagree. Any mods decrease the value of a collector's car.

For that price, I'd rather be looking for a lightly used GT-R.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TVPincDoc
I disagree. Any mods decrease the value of a collector's car.

For that price, I'd rather be looking for a lightly used GT-R.
I agree with you that mods don’t add value to the car. I’m saying that the appraiser applied the value of the mods to the price.

Quick Reply: CR for sale at Porsche Dealer, is this price serious????