S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Curated Content Killer

Old 04-15-2018, 08:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, funny enough, my code thinks it should hide my original post after you click into the thread.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:11 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

That is funny!
Sort of a built in demo of the app - free of charge. Its working for me on Firefox.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:50 PM

Possible bug? Today, when the most recent curated content thread was posted and located in 1st position on the "Talk" forum, the app was eliminating the entire "Talk" subforum from my display, not just the curated content thread. After another thread was posted, the app went back to working normally.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:04 AM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by got2run5
Yeah, funny enough, my code thinks it should hide my original post after you click into the thread.
Too funny. I was wondering what that was all about.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:15 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

I am certainly not against this, and the OP gives me no particular reason to doubt, but I am amazed at how willingly folks will load an extension that a perfect stranger posted and that has not been vetted by a third party .
Old 04-19-2018, 11:36 AM

Risk - very low.
Benefit - extremely high.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I am running this on my Chrome and Firefox, and all i can say now is that i sleep better at night knowing curated content will never hurt me again.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't renew my subscription. Part of the reason being Curated Content. If that's where they wanna start looking for money and traffic, then they don't need my help. Seems their new traffic avenue, is at the inconvenience of their paying members. If more people felt that way, then maybe we would see a noticeable difference. I don't know though. Not my forte. regardless, I'll just sell S2k parts through Facebook subgroups from here on out.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:26 AM
IB Staff

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
I try to ignore them too and generally i am successful. I do notice that most, if not all, of the threads are in the "Talk" sub forum (this forum) and lately I just ignore that entire subforum.

It would be helpful if the "curator" would set up a special sub-forum for the curated content threads. That way he could get all the google search benefits that I assume is driving this but stay out of the hair of the regular forum participants and avoid killing the entire forum which at this rate is a distinct possibility.

Is there any chance that might actually happen? Set up a special sub-forum for "Curated Content" threads? Makes a lot of sense to me. Moderator have any influence?
I hear you guys. I think the sub-forum idea is a good one. I will talk to the community team. Part of the reason we create these slideshows is to draw attention to the site and keep people talking. And the ad revenue is what keeps the lights on and the sites running. The membership money you spend on this site is extremely important for site maintenance and improvements, but we do need the sponsors and advertisers as well, which means we need to continue to create the slideshow content. That being said, I am happy to hear what content you hate and what content you'd love to see us focus on. Sounds like you'd rather see unmolested cars than Frankensteined ones. We would love to actually focus on forum members, their cars, their builds, the mods, their stories, etc., using text and images from forum threads to tell a more complete, easy to digest story that will appear on the site's homepage. Maybe we can set up a page where you guys can send us links to your favorite build threads and we can feature them in a slideshow format. That way we are not creating junk content that you are not interested in. I am happy to work with everyone.

I will still investigate setting up a separate Curated Content sub-forum to house our content. That way you can access it or completely ignore it.

No offense intended to anyone. As one of the members said, it's all in fun and not to be taken too seriously, but it's also meant to inspire conversation and debate. I would much rather you guys debate great cars and topics rather than burn your time fuming over the curated content editor and our bad content choices. And if any of you want to write for us and help get the content re-focused, we will pay you! Just send me a PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor
On a more positive note, I found this article to be really interesting
More quality content like this and I think your posts will be accepted more

Quick Reply: Curated Content Killer