S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Custom sig image generator (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/custom-sig-image-generator-602436/)

ace123 06-05-2008 07:49 PM

awesome!

ap2v2 rims?
that's a great app!

AssassinJN 06-06-2008 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by shotiable,Jun 5 2008, 09:52 PM
its all awkward and superimposed to each other... also... no NFR????

Um... what browser are you using?

Yes there are many layers to the images, because otherwise I'd have to make a whole car image for ever conceivable variation, which just wouldn't work.

And there is NFR, it's in the first column, under car color. It's called New Formula Red. :p

JstnRyan 06-06-2008 07:56 AM

Doesn't work for me in IE7.

AssassinJN 06-06-2008 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by JstnRyan,Jun 6 2008, 10:56 AM
Doesn't work for me in IE7.

What are you seeing? It has worked on every IE7 machine I've tried so far (both winxp and vista).

shotiable 06-06-2008 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by AssassinJN,Jun 6 2008, 04:13 AM
Um... what browser are you using?

Yes there are many layers to the images, because otherwise I'd have to make a whole car image for ever conceivable variation, which just wouldn't work.

And there is NFR, it's in the first column, under car color. It's called New Formula Red. :p

lol now i feel retarded... but i'm using IE7.

AssassinJN 06-06-2008 08:40 AM

Don't feel bad. :(

So it seems some people are having issues with IE7 then? That is very odd... I will have to look into it more. Adding a comment to the first post, but anyone who is having trouble please let me know the browser version (the whole version from Help > About) and the operating system you are using (WinXP sp1, sp2, sp3, Vista, Vistasp1, os-whatever). And even more helpful would be a screen shot of the issue (please pm it to me so we don't clutter this too much).

Thanks.

Mr. Eryozgatliyan 06-06-2008 08:52 AM

This has commercial all over it... But its still cool :thumbup:

If it gets shut down, it wasn't me.

JstnRyan 06-06-2008 09:01 AM

Win XP Pro, IE7 7.0.5730.13

It appears as if the site is supposed to have two columns, but their separation is adversely affected. If I had the time, I'd open up your source and help you troubleshoot, but I don't right now. Have you tried "display:block" on your two outtermost column DIVs?

EDIT: Nevermind, my head isn't in the right place right now. I'm almost positive your overlapping problem is due to the way IE handles absolute and relative positioned objects. If you use one or the other, but not both, it would probably work out better.

AssassinJN 06-06-2008 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Eryozgatliyan,Jun 6 2008, 11:52 AM
This has commercial all over it... But its still cool :thumbup:

If it gets shut down, it wasn't me.

Commercial? It's free to use. Free to request parts. The only part with any money is the "VIP parts" which I only put in there if it gets too swamped with requests and some people are willing to pay to get their stuff done first. Heck I'll remove that right now and address it if/when it becomes an issue.

Still hardly a commercial, especially compared the the fiasco that db8's original free offerings became. :ponder:

AssassinJN 06-06-2008 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by JstnRyan,Jun 6 2008, 12:01 PM
Win XP Pro, IE7 7.0.5730.13

It appears as if the site is supposed to have two columns, but their separation is adversely affected. If I had the time, I'd open up your source and help you troubleshoot, but I don't right now. Have you tried "display:block" on your two outtermost column DIVs?

EDIT: Nevermind, my head isn't in the right place right now. I'm almost positive your overlapping problem is due to the way IE handles absolute and relative positioned objects. If you use one or the other, but not both, it would probably work out better.

I know what's causing the issue, it's that I'm using absolute positioning to guarantee alignment of the top divs with the images, but took a short cut and applied it to all divs. That's what I get for being lazy (been doing tableless for 4-5years now, I'm just lazy with my own stuff. :lol)

Edit: Fixed the IE jumble issue. Now you have all 3 columns corrected.