S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Dealership Sold Me A Lemon!

Old 01-03-2005, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your owner #5 than which owner returned the car as a lemon?
Return the car and if they are good about the whole thing it may be a dealer that you can deal with and maybe get your next S from. Shite does happen and dealers are in the busness to make money by selling cars and repeat buyers are one way and word of mouth is another.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:57 PM

This "finalize the deal" puzzles me. Don't you (or your bank) have a title?

If not, are you paying for the car, and why?

If so, the deal is final, and any "inspection" or anything else is BS.

Now, if you want to reopen the deal because of fraud, that is something else.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:00 PM

Go in and listen. When they are done talking demand a refund. Even without the poor history I think you paid too much. You can buy a new 04 around $ 29K. Most cars after 5 years will depreciate more than 30 %. A car with that many strike marks against it should go far less.

A friend of mine has connections with a dealer in Florida. They were unloading a S2000 odd the delivery ramp and the car slid off. There was some minor body damage on the drivers side and the mirror was broken. Once repaired so you could not tell the difference they sold him the car for 1/2 price. Keep in mind after repairs it had less than 50 mile and a full warranty.

If they sense you want out due to a bad purchase you should drop the hammer and call you local TV station that does segment on consumers being taken advantage of.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:04 PM

Asking for legal advice from these ass clowns is not a good move.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by weezie,Jan 3 2005, 07:04 PM
i wouldn't consider these suggestions 'legal advice'. We are telling him what we would do if we were in his situation. If you don't have anything good to say then shut the f...ck up.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:29 PM

Find a lawyer, Don't go in untill you have one. I bet they are going to try to pressure you to sign some kind of a waver. the $300-$400 you spend on a lawyer could mean several thousands in your best interest.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weezie,Jan 3 2005, 08:04 PM
How can you be so harsh?

Why, if I had a serious legal difficulty, one potentially involving thousands of dollars and a complicated negotiation, the first thing I'd do is come and ask an annonymous group of with no known expertise and no vested interest.

Why trust an attorney who has gone to law school, passed a bar exam, and established a professional practice and reputation? The attorney would just take my money!

Better, when I have thousands of dollars at stake, I should just ask the unruly crowd to guide my fortunes.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by weezie,Jan 3 2005, 07:04 PM
So what are you trying to say........ that everyone on S2Ki are bunch of ass clowns
Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 PM

You state that the car was returned as a lemon in March of 2004, however I don't think a used car would qualify for "Lemon Law" coverage. Typically used cars are sold as-is and if the car's a dog, too bad, you bought it. Unless of course there was some fraud in the inducement of the deal.

I cannot imagine a car dealer allowing a customer to return any car, much less a used car. I think you might be confused about the story of this car.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if it has Lemon in its history, it would not be a clean title so upon purchase the dealer would need a legal document signed stating that. I used to sell cars.

BTW did you get your plates yet, and did the dealer do them for you. The titel couldnt transfer unless you signed something. Maybe it was stated on paper work that you have but didnt read.

Quick Reply: Dealership Sold Me A Lemon!