S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Everyone Please Read! Opinions Needed on a Member ripoff.
Go to Authorities MSB deserves to fry!
98.28%
Wait it out MSB is obviously a good guy who just needs time.
1.72%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

Everyone Please Read! Opinions Needed on a Member ripoff.

Old 02-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am withholding real names because this hasn't been settled. I am trying to get feedback for the victim involved. A good member (we'll call him QB = Quiet Boy aka victim) on this board has been totally ripped off for $4,000 by another member (we'll call him MSB = Mr. Slime Bucket) for about 6 + months now. MSB contacted QB in PMs saying that he could get him a Vortech Supercharger for $4k shipped through his friend. QB had previously posted interest in a Vortech GB thread. QB decided it was a good deal so he sent him the money, personal check (still has cancelled check in his possession). Yes, check was made out to MSB at his request. A couple of weeks goes by no Supercharger. QB calls to inquire, MSB tells him that he forgot to send out the check. No problem, gets this done. Month goes by check has been cashed by MSB. No Superchager, QB calls again. MSB tells him don't worry it's coming. Another month goes by, still no supercharger. QB calls again, this time MSB tells him some wild story about how he sent the money to his "friend" in Washington who worked at a shop and the "friend" stole all the money. He's out $12k because he bought 3 Superchargers. At this point MSB says, I am going to file a claim with the police down there and with his bank for fraud. MSB says that the bank will do a fraud investgation, etc. Well time goes by MSB won't provide any info on the fraud complaint, any police reports, etc. He just says he's done it and QB is suppose to take his word for it. I found this incredibly strange and told QB at this point he should be going to the authorities. IMO, $4k is nothing to dismiss as a lesson learned. QB says he will discuss it with MSB since he is still hoping some kind of resolution can be worked out. At this point MSB says he'll work out a deal with QB because he feels responsible. No F'ing shit Sherlock your just stole $4k how can you not feel responsible? Anyway the agreement is MSB will pay QB back in "installments". About 5 months have gone by already at this point. QB still being Mr. Nice Guy, agrees to the installment plan (against my opinion again that he should be going to the police). Well guess what, MSB has missed the first installment plan, claims he can't come up with the money. Meanwhile he is selling an stuff (rims, etc) in the marketplace which he clearly states in the thread that his spending has gotten out of hand lately. But when QB confronted him about it, he says that all of a sudden the parts don't belong to him and he can't give QB the money he makes off that stuff. Now I have found out that he has purchased a used Supercharger and other aero stuff for his car recently. But his line continues to be that he doesn't have even enough money for books/tuition and can't pay back QB except for maybe $100.

Now will everyone please vote as if you were the victim/QB.

Should QB say enough is enough and go straight to the authorities and have the piece of shit for a human being locked up/punished? Sure he might never get his money back, but at this point it's not likely he was going to anyway.

or

Should he continue to give MSB the benefit of the doubt and hold out for the sliver of a chance that his money will be returned?
Old 02-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Former Moderator

I need everyone to seriously vote, because QB like I said is just too nice of a guy.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion too much slack and time has been given already, notify the authorities!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:35 AM

I am pretty sure this is the same guy that approached me about this when I was posting in the vortech GB. It had a bad ring to it and I didn't bite. Even though this guy is a S2K member he is not a friend, he is a thief. Bust him with the authorities now, not later. I would tell him the only installment I would be interested in is installing a boot up his a$$.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Former Moderator

Oh boy just found out he can't pay QB back but he has money to go on vacation with his Girlfriend next week.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:38 AM

I have the same personality as QB, nice guy always trying to find a resolution to problems, which always means getting stepped all over by people sometimes.

Anyway, even me being QB type guy, enough is enough!!! That guy should not only be punished by the authorities but someone should find him and kick him about 4000 times
Old 02-12-2004, 08:41 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The balls of someone to get someone else to buy their supercharger for them. I'm not even involved with this and I'm more angry right now then I should be.

Put this fool in jail promptly. Scum like this deserve to be skinned alive IMO.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:43 AM

MSB deserves to fry, but QB is very na
Old 02-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Woodson
MSB deserves to fry, but QB is very na
Old 02-12-2004, 08:45 AM

Definitely go to the Authorities...this is nuts.

Quick Reply: Everyone Please Read! Opinions Needed on a Member ripoff.