S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Finally, I got my Comptech Adj Sport Springs Installed Today!

Old 02-21-2001, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the parts for almost 5 months now but never seem to find the time to install them and of course my friend kept flaking on me so I finally took the car to Motorsports Dynamic (local mod shop in Sacramento) to have it installed for $140 plus $75 to do the sublet alignment. I also have them lowered the car 1" all around. The car is pretty dirty right now (it's been raining 5 days straight ) so I don't want to take any pictures yet. But here is my obvious observation so far:

-The gap b/t the fender and the tire is absolutely very small (about 1") which is perfect for me.
-The ride is definitely firmer but not harsh or bouncy.
-Cornering is also better but then I also have front STB and X brace. I haven't tested hard cornering yet since the road is still pretty wet.
-The steering seems to be more responsive.
-When turning onto the walk way, I have to drive in at angle otherwise the front spash guards will scrape however they don't scrape when I go over speed bumps.
-Overall, I like them so far...That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! Let me know if you have any questions...

BTW, the Comptech spring rate for the front is 220 lbs/in and the rear is 282 lbs/in. Does anyone know the spring rates for stock?
Old 02-21-2001, 07:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Stock spring rates are reportedly 200 / 275 lbs/in.

If all numbers are accurate it says that the front was stiffened substantially more than the rear.
Old 02-21-2001, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by cdelena
If all numbers are accurate it says that the front was stiffened substantially more than the rear.
Are you sure? I thought it was the other way around.
Old 02-21-2001, 09:33 PM

You may want to check that rear spring rate again. Usually they come in 25lb increments. I have never seen a spring rate so accurately specified as 282lb/in. Seems a little strange to me.
Old 02-22-2001, 03:52 AM

Cool stuff Nvmys2k! You still have your stock tires right? I've got to see this. I was thinking about doing the same thing. Did the guys at Motorsports do a good job?
Old 02-22-2001, 04:00 AM

Wow, for $140 I should have had someone else install my springs... I found it to be a HUGE pain in the butt! All 4 of my springs came with tags that listed their spring-rates to the single lb/in... that would just imply that each and every spring is measured and documented before shipping to Comptech or the end-user... Spring rates were of course different front to back but were also slightly different driver-side to passenger-side (with the slightly higher rates used for the driver-side of the vehicle).
Old 02-22-2001, 05:52 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by nvmys2k
Originally posted by cdelena
Are you sure? I thought it was the other way around.
Yes, but there is nothing wrong with it. Stock the bias is heavier to the rear so stiffening the front more would be a choice that should edge handling a bit more towards neutral.
Old 02-22-2001, 09:16 AM
Sev

How much did the set cost you?

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2001, 10:01 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2kRob
[B]You may want to check that rear spring rate again.
Old 02-22-2001, 10:11 AM

Yep...I love the Comptech coil-overs. Great quality...great feeling of more firmness on the road. Installation isn't too bad...parts fit like a glove.

Quick Reply: Finally, I got my Comptech Adj Sport Springs Installed Today!