S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

FREE!!!FREE!!!FREE Dyno test for HKS Exhaust!!!

Old 10-27-2000, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaGuy:
[B]Ok, I just got home and showered, so I'm really tired...I got my car dynoed today and I don't know if my S2K is not up to spec or what, however I think I loss power w/the HKS exhaust.
Old 10-28-2000, 12:28 AM

Originally posted by HondaGuy:
To sum it up, I had 9300 miles, K&N filter & the HKS exhaust...peak power was 195.8 hp and torque was 131.9
Funcar posted: "The Spoon header/exhaust are first rate as far as quality.
But I only managed 197.5 on the dyno."

Hmmmm, I wonder if the mix needs to be leaned out with the mods. Those who dyno'ed with the fpr showed gains when fuel pressure lowered. Considering Funcar's results, it may be the Honda S2K is quite tuned to each component's contribution; if a component is made better, then the overall hp drops unless the ecu/mix/timing is tweaked?

Old 10-28-2000, 02:54 AM
Bieg

Regarding the lower HP - Was the day hotter or colder than your original dyno run? How about the humidity?

Considering Funcar's results, it may be the Honda S2K is quite tuned to each component's contribution; if a component is made better, then the overall hp drops unless the ecu/mix/timing is tweaked?
What makes you think the aftermarket exhaust is better? Lighter maybe but I doubt it is better. Honda spent a lot of time and development on that exhaust and it meets all noise regulations. It is significant that little or no gains (possibly a loss) are achieved by the aftermarket EVEN WITH NOT BEING CONCERNED ABOUT THE NOISE REGULATIONS THAT HONDA NEEDED TO COMPLY WITH.

The way I see it, Honda makes almost as much (if not more than some) HP and it is quieter. No vibrations, boominess or wierd harmonics, just power. That takes some pretty fine engineering if you ask me.

So don't say the aftermarket stuff is better, lighter yes, louder yes, more HP? Not much. Better? NO.

Old 10-28-2000, 07:47 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bieg:
[B]The way I see it, Honda makes almost as much (if not more than some) HP and it is quieter.
Old 10-30-2000, 06:18 AM

Ok, here's the dyno. Sorry it took so long (I was busy the whole weekend). I'm not sure which day was hotter or cooler. However, I do know the numbers are corrected hp and torque, not actual hp and torque...

Old 10-30-2000, 07:09 AM

Is this an improvement?

What is the baseline for the S2000? I remember seeing a base DYNO results for the S2000, but I cannot remember the values.

Does someone have that information?
Old 10-30-2000, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...hp?threadid=937

I am going to be redoing this test correctly w/ both my stock and hks exhausts, that way there will be no guess work about what went wrong w/ honda-guys dyno.

I will keep you all posted.
Old 10-30-2000, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by krazik-s2k:
http://www.s2000online.com/forums/showthre...hp?threadid=937

I am going to be redoing this test correctly w/ both my stock and hks exhausts, that way there will be no guess work about what went wrong w/ honda-guys dyno.

I will keep you all posted.
Right on dude...Thanx MG Racing for coughing the $ to let us doing the dyno again. Hopefully, we can return the favor once we see the chart.

Old 10-30-2000, 03:28 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I ran my car on the same dyno as HondaGuy's (but at a different time) and got similar curves but with 204.1 max hp and 138.9 max torque. This was bone stock. (I find it interesting, however, that our peak torque comes on around 6500rpm, rather then the factory claimed 7500.)
Old 10-30-2000, 04:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by Elistan:
..I find it interesting, however, that our peak torque comes on around 6500rpm, rather then the factory claimed 7500..
So do you thing that is a varience in dynos, test techniques, or vehicles? We will probably never know for sure.

Quick Reply: FREE!!!FREE!!!FREE Dyno test for HKS Exhaust!!!