S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-08-2004, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"cooleset looking beemer, I've seen"

".. bah, just a honda.. "

but my fav.. "daddy, yur car is like johneez kaw.." (johnny is my neighbour who has a SPA, whom my son adores)

from a boxster '00 owner..
" .. I kinda feel ripped as you have a better car.. yes, you do.."
Old 03-08-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- At a stop light, there was a Hobo to my left. He makes eye contact with me and says, "Excuse me, what kind of car is that? That can't be a Saturn..."

( i have ricks S emblem). I reply, "Oh haha, it's a honda!." He replies with excitement, "OH, a HYUNDAI. Cool!"

I'm speechless and roll up my windows...

- Pass by the local walmart where every Friday is basically a "rice" gathering, and someone shouted, "That guy's driving a Honda... 2000." Hmm.. I've heared that line from somewhere before....

I later parked my car beside some random car since my friend was going to race someone. Then, rice boy strikes again! and wiith amazment, he tells me, "I've heard your car has a b-16 spoon engine."

I'm speechless again...

My concluding thought, never make an appearance at Walmart on Fridays or rice gatherings unless you want a great laugh with a couple of friends.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:51 PM

i just remembered another one:

local genius making a comment about my car, didn't know I(the owner) was standing next to him : "with a hood that long, it has to have atleast a v10 sitting under there"
Old 03-08-2004, 06:59 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

It does have a V-10, doesn't it, Razor!?

Old 03-08-2004, 07:00 PM

I got a weird one.

I had just purchased my o4 S , and was filling it at a gas station. Yes, I was proud to have such a shiny new car. This is my first new car ever. So I smiled and admired the great lines of such a fine auto. But the smile was ripped off my face when this jackass leans out of beat up GMC Van and screams at me, "Thanks for supporting the War A$$hole!" Now, if he were in a Hybrid, on a bike, or walking I would have seen the validity in his point, and congratulated him on his idealism. However, the S has a more efficient engine than his GMC van, and Honda, as a company, has done way more than GM to promote fuel efficiency. His van was tuned improperly, was smoking, and from what I could tell only had two people in it anyway. He should have thought about the tax credit that Bush is giving to anyone who purchases a vehicle over 6000 pounds. That's why there are so many H2's and oversized SUV's on the road, there's a huge tax incentive to buy inefficient vehicles. The s2k is the opposite of these behemoths. It's a small 4 cylinder car. Not great on gas but certainly not as bad as a Hummer...

It was overall, IMO, an ignorant comment that this fellow had peed on my parade with.

I live in a small town on the beach and I generally ride my bike. Not for any other reason than the fact that I enjoy it. And when I see the Civic crushers being driven by a scared soccer mom, I shake my head but I don't scream at her. But then again it's difficult to have a discussion of current events with a person who considers screaming out of / towards moving vehicles a form of communication.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:04 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Willie Gee
I got a weird one.

I had just purchased my o4 S , and was filling it at a gas station.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:09 PM

yeah, I might have too. But I was shocked that someone would announce his ignorance so loudly. And he just drove on by. It wasn't really a fair thing to say, because this car is not really part of the problem. I mean I guess all cars are, but there are many on the road that are just gas hogs and generally they are about empty.

It was weird, that's all.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:58 PM

sorry can't think of one funny thing anyone has said about my ride. Everyone gives me nothin but love for my ride, even the senior citizens!!!
Old 03-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Them: Ohhh, nice car
Me: Thanks
Them: Those miata's are so cute
Me:

"Your car looks like a shark"
Old 03-08-2004, 08:48 PM

from my manager at work..."Obviously we understand that Mark (me) doesn't care about safety."

Quick Reply: Funny things people have said about your s2000