S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 03-31-2012, 07:43 PM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts
Default Funny things people have said about your s2000

Proceed.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/734...ut-your-s2000/
Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont actually own an s2k yet, but i work at a valet and we get them every now and again. we had one a couple weeks back, silver ap2 bone stock i believe, the overwhelming thing i heard from folks was that "man that thing is really slow." heard this from 3 or 4 of my coworkers. i know the s2k isnt a really fast car, but its a hell of a lot faster than what these guys drive so i decided to ask a very simple question: "how high did you rev it?" universally the reply was "to about 4 or 5k" most of them did not seem to understand that they still had about 3-4k rpms to go and that they hadnt even touched vtech. honestly im glad they didnt, since s2ks are loud and i wouldnt want the customer thinking we were thrashing his car (granted our garage is about half a block from where people come in so not much opportunity to drive fast anyway). but i thought it was really funny when this Hispanic kid i work with said "my car is a ton faster than that thing" his car... a base model dodge caliber on 24" wheels.

these guys also said the corvette grand sport wasnt any faster than a regular corvette. when i told them it was because it had better suspension they said "yeah but that doesnt make it any faster." i guess they never heard of a corner.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:12 AM

sometimes friends say, "nice miata".. hahahha
Old 04-01-2012, 12:32 AM

IS THAT A FIAT?!?! From my buddies mom......
Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 AM

Lol vtec. You have some ignorant friends. Our car is slow though
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by herfalerf
i dont actually own an s2k yet, but i work at a valet and we get them every now and again. we had one a couple weeks back, silver ap2 bone stock i believe, the overwhelming thing i heard from folks was that "man that thing is really slow." heard this from 3 or 4 of my coworkers. i know the s2k isnt a really fast car, but its a hell of a lot faster than what these guys drive so i decided to ask a very simple question: "how high did you rev it?" universally the reply was "to about 4 or 5k"
Lesson of the day guys--never valet your s2k. Ever.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 AM

Dont valet period, what a silly concept... Drive your own f*ckin car an walk your own fat ass :facepalm:
Old 04-01-2012, 10:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

people will be ignorant
but sometimes i do feel underpowered at times, but then i just remember that it's all about the driving experience that other sport cars can't seem to capture
Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mark355
Originally Posted by herfalerf' timestamp='1333253355' post='21563870
i dont actually own an s2k yet, but i work at a valet and we get them every now and again. we had one a couple weeks back, silver ap2 bone stock i believe, the overwhelming thing i heard from folks was that "man that thing is really slow." heard this from 3 or 4 of my coworkers. i know the s2k isnt a really fast car, but its a hell of a lot faster than what these guys drive so i decided to ask a very simple question: "how high did you rev it?" universally the reply was "to about 4 or 5k"
Lesson of the day guys--never valet your s2k. Ever.

this. after working at a valet i will never ever valet my vehicle. just today one of my coworkers spun the tires in some guy's sl500 FIVE TIMES in less than a block. i was behind the car parking another one and he shot up a bunch of rocks that hit me. he then tried to start a fight with me when i told him to stop driving like a retard. this is the aforementioned caliber driver.

its like any job, there are good employees and there are bad ones, but for whatever reason the valet industry seems to have a disproportionate amount of bad employees. probably half of the guys i work with will thrash a car given the opportunity. not saying i never give a car a little gas now and again, but i never go over 30mph (the speed limit) and i would never dream of spinning the tires. i could tell you some stories about shit my coworkers have done that would make your blood boil, though. one guy completely destroyed the clutch in a brand new saab because he was too embarrassed to admit to the manager that he had never driven a manual before and tried to drive the car anyway. 30 minutes later the car arrived in front of the hotel with smoke coming out of it.

i can say though that i would have never fallen in love with the s2k if it werent for my job. i got to park a guys cr a few months ago and prior to that i was planning on getting an NC miata as my next car, but the 2 minutes i spent sitting in the s2000 changed my mind.

sorry to derail thread, carry on.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 AM

not that I would ever valet my CR, but I did have to valet my si and both cars have flash pro, valet reported to me when I picked up my Si that something might be wrong because it wouldn't go above 3k rpm. I of course asked him why he was even trying, lol. I got back in my car and reflased back to my normal tune and took off and went up to 8400 before shifting. gotta love the valet tune from hondata when you have to use it. Both my CR and Si have it so you can't ever go above 3k.