S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Funny things people have said about your s2000

Old 06-25-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 1,424 Likes on 954 Posts

A guy tried to convince me that any 4-cylinder car with two exhausts is phony. That is, only one is the actual exhaust. They other is for looks. No about of looking under the S2000 or watching the car idle could change his mind.

BTW... he's owned only V-8 cars.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ricksrico
Called my local HONDA DEALER for an Estimate on a valve check/adjustment. The lady asks what kind of Car, and I tell her its an S2000. She then tells oh i'm SORRY but we only service HONDA's here. WTF???
I had a similar experience with my dealer.... ended up doing the adjustment myself but they said they didn't recommend doing valve adjustments on any Honda.... so I politely informed them that it is part of the cars service interval. Then one of the other service guys spoke up.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Because I'm in SoCal, I don't get many "That's a Honda?" comments since S2000s are ubiquitous. But I do get amusing Smog Check interactions.

At almost every bi-yearly smog check, the tech drives up to the dyno/flywheel as if it's a front wheel drive car. I'll call out to the guy to correct him. One such interaction went:

"Hey! It's a Rear Wheel Drive car"

"What? No it's not. It's a Honda."

"Yeah, it is."

"Honda doesn't make rear wheel drive cars."

"Step out and look under the rear bumper and tell me what you see"

"A differential."

"What does that mean?"

"Oh, I guess Honda does make rear wheel drive cars."

"They used to. Not anymore."

Edit: Oh, and about half of them, I'm the one that connects the OBD2 cable. The port is hard to find even when I describe exactly where it is. You have to be on your back and nearly upside-down to see it.

--Carlos V.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:57 AM

Received 1,310 Likes on 990 Posts

At traffic light, middle aged (my aged!) guy in black pickup:

Him: Excuse me!
Me: Thinks hes gonna ask directions or be insulting, been getting a lot of pickup truck hate lately...
Him: My dream car! Is it really as good as I've heard?
Light turns green, lots of other cars, so rest of conversation takes place as we try to drive side by side...
Me: Its awesome. Best car I've ever driven.
Him: I've been looking, look online every month, can't find one.
Me: I had to go to upstate NY to find mine.
Him: Wow.
We're going to fast to talk now, gives big thumbs up, stares at car...

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-13-2016, 03:01 PM

I'm on a roll. Two stop light encounters in days. Late model Mustang pulla long side. Older (like post retirement age) couple. She is driving. He rills down the window.

Him: I wanted to buy one of those but they don't make them anymore.

Me: yeah, its a shame. Such great cars. They are going to make a new model.

Him: I hope they keep those lines. Its so classic. Like a Cobra.

Me: yeah. I always thought so. The new one is going to be all different. Mid engine...

Him: Might as well buy a Corvette then.

Me: (Thinking you are their demographic!) Yeah, ha ha.

Then it was exchanging pleasantries. Enjoy your ride, etc.

Older generations know what the car is...

Old 08-13-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My fiancée has told me every single day I have owned this car that she hates it (3 weeks)

This continues to be the funniest thing I've heard about it since she is sht out of luck with me getting rid of it...
Old 08-13-2016, 07:16 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

65 mph on a rural California highway, in the middle of nowhere.

I'm driving my banana (Spa Yellow) and I see a flash of yellow come up behind me -- a yellow Harley Davidson.

The biker hugs my rear bumper, and then comes up next to me and starts pointing at my car and giving me a thumbs up. I point back and give him a thumbs up too. Clearly we both have either really good taste, or we're both equally stupid. I start laughing and I see him grinning as he takes off as motorcyclists tend to do
Old 08-14-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by MrCouch
My fiancée has told me every single day I have owned this car that she hates it (3 weeks)

This continues to be the funniest thing I've heard about it since she is sht out of luck with me getting rid of it...
Tell her, whatever you do, don't ever say its either me or the S2000!

Old 08-15-2016, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Originally Posted by MrCouch

Tell her, whatever you do, don't ever say its either me or the S2000!

hahhahaa she knows better, cars are my thing, everything else is hers and it will stay that way until i die.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:15 AM

Is it bad to revive this thread? I missed reading these threads and this seems to be the most recent one

I was exiting the parking lot of one of the bigger parks in the city in my 06 GPW when a park maintenance guy in a Ford f150 speeds up to block my exit turn and yells out "How Much???"

I smirk and shout back 50k in jest. He gives me a thumbs up and smiles saying "Atta boy!" (I guess he thought I was a 20 y/o kid... 34 y/o Asian with a baby face haha) then drives away

There have been 4 encounters of people either shouting at me while driving or approaching me in the parking lot asking if i'm selling it since I put insurance back on the car Mid-April. I always give a ludicrous number because I don't want to sell it (50k - 60k CAD) most of them laugh after knowing I'm asking too much but one of them was like 40k and we have a deal. I was shocked but just said I was kidding since it'll be hard to find this exact year and colour again. I guess people really want an S2K
The following users liked this post:
dwb993 (05-12-2022)