S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   HKS group buy (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/hks-group-buy-752/)

SilverDragon 10-31-2000 08:28 PM

im just want to know how many of u guys going for the group buy today?cuse today its the last day for the group buy,and do anybody know how the exaust sound like?

song 10-31-2000 09:00 PM

A lot of folks have the exhaust. I heard it firsthand on KrazikS2K car. It sounds a lot higher pitched and louder than stock. Hearing it on a straightaway on a racetrack was really awesome. It does make it sound like a racecar.

However; there is a downside. So far every dyno test that I have seen shows that you will lose power. Not a ton, but 5-10hp. So you gotta ask yourself - is it worth the sound to lose a bit of overall power. On the plus side, many owners claim to have a better mid-range.

So that's all I know. I wanted to give you some kind of response before the buy is over. Sorry I can't tell you firsthand.

gregstevens 10-31-2000 09:21 PM

Song, I beg to differ. I was an early adopter of the HKS exhaust and early on, I found that there was a a little more throttle response at the low end. And I have yet to see any real dyno charts to back up what either you or I are saying here, but I felt what I felt. VTEC is still the ridiculous monster that I knew and loved from before...it just had a different sound to it.

The HKS sounds awesome. From inside or out of the car.

Until I see some REAL dyno charts, which I have not yet (Krazik is getting this done soon), I will continue to believe (as delusional as I may be) that the HKS does nothing at the mid to upper end, but adds a nice little (very little) kick at the bottom of the curve.

Add that to the sound? Hell yea...I love it.

:D

krazik 10-31-2000 09:56 PM

My appointment has been made for monday for the dyno run. I will post my results monday afternoon.

Hey song, Dave & I are going over to Dynospot (www.dynospotracing.com) on Monday for a 11:30 appointment. If you are at "work" on monday, you should come down.

RT 10-31-2000 10:17 PM

krazik, I ask again, are you doing a before and after? Or just an after?

song 10-31-2000 10:40 PM

Krazik,

I wouldn't mind being part of the "Pit Crew" for this one. That way I can give Greg a firsthand answer :).

Greg, As I said, I was passing along hear-say. I have no doubt that you felt what you felt. That said, I know I saw a dyno chart on this board. I also remember the guy being bummed because of the result. In fact, this is why Krazik offered another run, because the last one had marginal results.

In any case, we'll know in less than a week!

nvmys2k 10-31-2000 11:11 PM

Several of us are still waiting for the dyno chart from Krazik before making the decision...I believe Giampiero@MG Racing is aware of it.

SilverDragon 11-01-2000 05:33 AM

so do we have to makes a decision today or wait for the dyno test?

Power6Spd 11-01-2000 06:54 AM

My advice is JUMP ON THE GROUP BUY. It is an awesome deal. I was fortunate to be part of the first one and I am definately not disappointed. I didn't have DYNO charts to go by either when I made my decision to buy. I crossed my fingers and hoped that the HKS name carried the weight and promise I was placing on it.

The quality (manufacturing and sound) is exactly what I was looking for. It does make the car sound the way it should. So far I have not noticed any lose of power. I feels more responsive in the middle. At lower RPMS and while downshifting the sound is deep and powerfully but not overwhelming.

Don't miss out...you might regret it.

- MC

krazik 11-01-2000 08:09 AM

well keep in mind that Hondaguy's dyno was completely un-scientific. While I appreciate the fact Honda Guy dyno'ed his car for all of us, he didn't establish a base line to test from. But instead used a dyno that was done months prior. Which simply isn't sufficent for a base line as many factors can change over time.

But with-in the 30 minutes it takes to change the exhaust out. Not too much will change on the car. So I can establish a baseline for my car with the stock exhaust, and then swap to the HKS and run again. By doing so, the delta between the two will tell us, what in fact the exhaust really does add, or possibly subtract from the car.

But my seat-of-the-pants dyno tells me that we will see an improvment. But I don't think anyone will find great performance improvement w/ any exahust system for the s2k.

But monday afternoon, I will post the results for all to see.