S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

"Honda S2000 Genuine OEM Soft Top Convertible Tonneau Boot Cover

Old 06-09-2019, 04:49 AM

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
If you do it regularly you get better at it. Two things - I put one twist in the elastic straps that go down to the snap at the side of the seat backs. Otherwise the strap sometimes vibrates and makes noise while driving. Also, you have to release the other two snaps by pushing the top material near the snap to the rear a bit away from the snap and then reaching down to pull the little cap thingy to the rear just a bit and then it comes right off. When I am removing it I do those snaps in the rear last after the front snaps and after pulling the rear most edge of the cover out of top compartment. I like the suggestion made above to use a body trim tool to release those rear most snaps more easily. I am going to give that a try. Seems like it would make it easier to reach down behind the headrest.

I have one of those travel boot covers mentioned above. It is a good cover but I am not using it hardly at all. It is much easier to get on and off for sure. If someone wants it let me know. Its in perfect condition. Maybe half price and shipping? $75.00?
I’d like to take that off your hands! Sending you a PM...
Old 06-09-2019, 06:10 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

It will be on the way to gens2k tomorrow. Enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
gens2k (06-09-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 08:44 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Has anyone found that using the Tonneau cover cuts some of the air turbulence at highway speed ?????
Old 06-13-2019, 10:34 AM

Received 156 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Soof
Has anyone found that using the Tonneau cover cuts some of the air turbulence at highway speed ?????
yep...i get much less buffeting
Old 06-29-2019, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
It may help to have fresh elastic straps (Modifry) to help keep the top in the fully closed position. That goes a long way to make snapping the cover easy. I also use plastic trip tools to reach the snaps to release them for removal.

I use the cover a lot in the summer driving locally. Looks great and it does keep the top clean and free from UV damage. For road trips I leave it at home of course, so I can use the top and the trunk.
Excellent advise- I just installed new Modifry straps on my 2007, and the top folds down another 2 inches. There is now plenty of clearance to easily install the boot. It took me 10 minutes to replace the straps, and 2 minutes to install the boot cover with all of the new clearance around the snaps. I screwed with that boot on multiple occasions for more than an hour to no avail. The elastic top straps are the issue. The boot cover looks awesome!
Old 03-23-2020, 05:04 AM

Default I would like to buy the cover how much do you want for the cover with shipping?

Originally Posted by rpg51
If you do it regularly you get better at it. Two things - I put one twist in the elastic straps that go down to the snap at the side of the seat backs. Otherwise the strap sometimes vibrates and makes noise while driving. Also, you have to release the other two snaps by pushing the top material near the snap to the rear a bit away from the snap and then reaching down to pull the little cap thingy to the rear just a bit and then it comes right off. When I am removing it I do those snaps in the rear last after the front snaps and after pulling the rear most edge of the cover out of top compartment. I like the suggestion made above to use a body trim tool to release those rear most snaps more easily. I am going to give that a try. Seems like it would make it easier to reach down behind the headrest.

I have one of those travel boot covers mentioned above. It is a good cover but I am not using it hardly at all. It is much easier to get on and off for sure. If someone wants it let me know. Its in perfect condition. Maybe half price and shipping? $75.00?
The cover sale how much with shipping to 81520
Old 03-23-2020, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hamilcrf
The cover sale how much with shipping to 81520
Did you bother to look at the date? And also the fact someone already got it?
Old 03-24-2020, 07:56 PM

Default Some of us are new

I did not relize what I was reading was a quoate from your original post. Takes time to understand how a site works. I am sorry you seem agitated by my inexperience.