S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How much do you hate dealers?

Old 09-09-2005, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much do you hate dealers?

Let me start off by saying I hate dealers, and now you know where this is going. My cars belt tensioner has been developing a noise now for about 3 months, so after hoping and praying it would go away so I would not have to take my car to the dealer, it just got worse. I arrive at the dealer, show the service advisor the noise, all is said and done and as I am about to leave, i tell the guy my car only goes out on sunny days, its garaged and not one scratch is on thisscar. I walk around the car and show the guy. The guy tells me he will take care of it and not to worry. My car is only driven maybe once a month, and like I stated its garaged all the time, with not one scratch on it. Well I come back today to get the car, noise is fixed. I do a thorough check of the interior, everything is great. I start walking around the car, and I notice the service advisor starts to walk away, so I grab the guy and tell him to hold on a minute until I finish my walk around, he starts giving me some crap about how he is busy, so I get mad and tell him to stay. So he unwillingly stays, well as I come around the front of the car, I see my nightmare unraveling, there are about 5 or 6 dents on each fender where the techs where leaning on the car while fixing it. I calmly turn around and point out the dents and ask "whats this?", and of course he says nothing for about a minute, then blurts out " that was probably there before. " I dont know what happened to me, I am usually calm and collective, but I blew up in his face, I was so damm mad, I made a scene in the service area. Needless to say of course the person I have to deal with was not there, the service manager, so its back to the dealer tommorow morning again. God cant they just fix the damm car with out messing it up. Now I have 5 dents on each fender. I hope dent wizard can get rid of this without having to respray the fenders.. Any suggestions.

Sorry, just had to vent!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Banned

I love dent's on my car, they give that "unique" look which is what I'm going for....
Old 09-09-2005, 06:51 PM

plus it breaks up the airflow and reduces drag, like the little shark fin thingy on the evo MR
Old 09-09-2005, 06:54 PM

Wow, that really sucks. I do wonder why they were under the hood for the belt tensioner?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fshwcrs,Sep 9 2005, 06:51 PM
plus it breaks up the airflow and reduces drag, like the little shark fin thingy on the evo MR
LOL, best free mod EVER!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:01 PM

photos please
Old 09-09-2005, 07:02 PM

wow thats fukked up. they better fix it. if not threaten to call action line or something. make sure that they let you pick the body shop. use your estimates and not theirs. also if not your comprehensive should cover it.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:15 PM

WEll the dings are very minor, so it wont involve a body shop. I took it to a friend of mine just so he can see it, and he said a paintless dent removal guy can fix them easily. Tommorow I am going to tell the dealer I am taking it to my PDR and they will pay, no other way. I dont trust them leaving my car with them again.

Belt tensioner is on the top of the serpentine belt assembly I think.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:26 PM

Oh Sorry! For some reason I thought you were talking about the seatbelt tensioners. On a related note, I had the serpentine belt tensioner spring actually snap once. This allowed the arm to flop around freely and naturally the water pump, a/c and alternator failed.

BTW, you still need to see the service manager before you have your friend fix the dents, just make sure they're OK with whom you're taking it to. They may have their own dent guy they want to use.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:32 PM

Yeah Colin, I am going in the morning to see the service manager, and there is no way I am letting that dealer touch my car again. He will have to reimburse me for my dent guy, and I am not leaving that dealer until it gets ok'd. They had their chance with my trust, and blew it. I am still fuming!!!

Quick Reply: How much do you hate dealers?