S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

How much do you hate dealers?

Old 09-14-2005, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S2kraca, I hope everything works out good and you dont have to go thru what i went thru.

As for those who want to know the dealer, its Braman Honda in Miami.

The police report is pending the letter from Mobil indicating the charges are being disputed as being fradulent, and same letter showing dates and times the charges occurred. That should open someone's eyes at the dealer, when they see the first fradulent charge occurred one hour after dropping the car off, at the gas station next to the dealer.

I to wish I had an attorney friend to send a nice frank letter, the only thing I have close to that, is my old school buddy who is in the process of obtaining his law degree. But I wont bother him for this.

One thing I have done is contacted American Honda, and filed a formal complaint against the dealer, they have subsequently opened a case against the dealer and will try to reach an amicable resolution to this whole deal. They are pretty much going to act as a neutral third party. Maybe they have more sway than what I have been able to do, which up to this point is nothing.

Hey sarg, thanks for the direction you are giving me, I too hope it gets resolved with out going to court. I hope America Honda can do something for me here. I just want the damm dings fixed, and I am worried now, whether I should wait to get this resolved, or just fix the dings now and try to recoup my costs. Only thing with that, would be the only evidence I have would be erased.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm headed back up to the dealer right now to get my car. They weren't able to complete everything, but the parts are on order and is scheduled to be done next week. I'll post more when I return...
Old 09-15-2005, 01:12 PM

Yeah thats why I'm going to do everything by myself... auto maint services, autobody, paint, dent,ding,chip wutever from now on I'm so sick and tired of looking for good service...
Old 09-15-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the car back, overall I guess it was ok but the car was a bit dirty. Oh well, overall it was fine and I'd much rather clean up a few grease prints on the paint than have to deal with dents/dings/scratches. I'm taking the car back next week to get the new gas filler tube installed and hopefully get the window switch replaced (they couldn't replicate it malfunctioning so hopefully it starts acting goofy again).
Old 09-15-2005, 09:46 PM

Ill take grease over dings any day.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pikkashoe,Sep 15 2005, 10:46 PM
Ill take grease over dings any day.
I'll say
Old 09-20-2005, 01:57 PM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

Time for an update
Old 09-20-2005, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by pikkashoe,Sep 9 2005, 08:17 PM
Let me start off by saying I hate dealers, and now you know where this is going. My cars belt tensioner has been developing a noise now for about 3 months, so after hoping and praying it would go away so I would not have to take my car to the dealer, it just got worse. I arrive at the dealer, show the service advisor the noise, all is said and done and as I am about to leave, i tell the guy my car only goes out on sunny days, its garaged and not one scratch is on thisscar. I walk around the car and show the guy. The guy tells me he will take care of it and not to worry. My car is only driven maybe once a month, and like I stated its garaged all the time, with not one scratch on it. Well I come back today to get the car, noise is fixed. I do a thorough check of the interior, everything is great. I start walking around the car, and I notice the service advisor starts to walk away, so I grab the guy and tell him to hold on a minute until I finish my walk around, he starts giving me some crap about how he is busy, so I get mad and tell him to stay. So he unwillingly stays, well as I come around the front of the car, I see my nightmare unraveling, there are about 5 or 6 dents on each fender where the techs where leaning on the car while fixing it. I calmly turn around and point out the dents and ask "whats this?", and of course he says nothing for about a minute, then blurts out " that was probably there before. " I dont know what happened to me, I am usually calm and collective, but I blew up in his face, I was so damm mad, I made a scene in the service area. Needless to say of course the person I have to deal with was not there, the service manager, so its back to the dealer tommorow morning again. God cant they just fix the damm car with out messing it up. Now I have 5 dents on each fender. I hope dent wizard can get rid of this without having to respray the fenders.. Any suggestions.

Sorry, just had to vent!!!
Ask him where his car is parked!
Old 09-20-2005, 06:36 PM

Nothing new yet.

Still waiting for the paperwork from Mobil to file the police report.

Filed the complaint with american honda on wednesday and still no one has contacted me yet. Will follow up tommorow on this.

Still have the dents on the fenders. Its hard for me to not fix it already, but I will wait to see the outcome of the american honda investigation.

No point in stooping down to the service manager's leve. What goes around comes around.