Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > S2000 Talk
Reload this Page >

I get that Honda S2000 value is going up... But COME ON MAN!

S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

I get that Honda S2000 value is going up... But COME ON MAN!

Old 02-05-2019, 10:52 PM

Liked 64 Times in 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Nibreezy View Post
You can definitely notice the recent upward trend of the s2000 CR models recently. Few individuals are practically buying mildly modded examples, returning them to stock, and putting them back up on the market for nearly double the price they bought them for. I'm all for the appreciation of our cars but certain people that deliberately do this out of greed and to make them unattainable for the majority is annoying to see.
Wait until this one hits BaT....

Old 02-06-2019, 04:06 AM

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

I’m happy these cars are finally appreciating. I bought mine on its I lowest point around where clean ones were fetching for cheap. 2009 was the year of purchase and still have her till this day. I don’t see myself ever selling my car but if I were to cross that bridge, i would be happy the whole ride was worth it.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:03 AM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Wait until this one hits BaT....

I'm unusually pissed that that Graham Rahal posted such am assinine thing in the comments. It'll just go to his family's dealership network.

Last edited by VashTheStampede; 02-06-2019 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:05 AM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

They’re trying their best to influence the market and once they are able to do it, no one will be able to afford the car. No clue why they do what they do besides making that money.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:50 AM

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts

Dealerships and investment firms are racing to buy CRs, because you can control the entire supply. For what amounts to a small investment for these corporations, you could own LITERALLY every 2009 CR and likely double your investment.

There were 355 made, and only EIGHT yellow with A/C. For something like $2.5mm to $3mm an exotic car dealership could own nearly 10% of all 2009 CRs made.

Last edited by VashTheStampede; 02-06-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:50 AM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

...or it could be a bubble waiting to pop. Dealerships or individual resellers are trying to depict a false demand for the car when it’s just them buying and selling them on the market. Actual people who want the car and intent to keep it will simply not buy it at those inflated prices. It has happened to certain Porsche models.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:32 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nibreezy View Post
...or it could be a bubble waiting to pop. Dealerships or individual resellers are trying to depict a false demand for the car when it’s just them buying and selling them on the market. Actual people who want the car and intent to keep it will simply not buy it at those inflated prices. It has happened to certain Porsche models.
So when will the NSX market crash? Would love to get one but they are just way overpriced for what they are.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:10 AM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RTZX9R View Post
So when will the NSX market crash? Would love to get one but they are just way overpriced for what they are.
Its not overpriced, I just cant afford it.
The following users liked this post: vicrc
99MCoupe (02-08-2019)
Old 02-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RTZX9R View Post
Doubt if that market will ever burst. The new NSX took such a long time to release and the hefty price has caused the NA1/NA2 models to appreciate. Pretty confident that they'll keep going up.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Liked 56 Times in 50 Posts

Interest in cars overall has dropped dramatically over the past couple of decades. How many successive generations with little interest in cars do we have to go through before values begin to drop on the likes of the S2000 or the NSX? How many more generations will it take before almost no one understands how to drive a car with three pedals? Sure, there will always be some who both like sports cars and enjoy driving them, but in a few more decades will there be enough demand for those remaining people to bid against each other for cars like these?

Quick Reply: I get that Honda S2000 value is going up... But COME ON MAN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands