S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Jackson Racing Supercharger?!

Old 03-17-2001, 07:24 PM
ST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read a while back on Jackson Racing's website that they were in the development of a S2000 supercharger, so I called yesterday about it. It seems there is a test mule running around, but nothing is yet certain. While I like Comptech's centrifugal SC, i like how JR does there Eaton SC's with an integrated intake manifold (see their webiste http://www.jacksonracing.com for other Honda application they have done). Does anyone know more info about this, and anybody interested as I am? If we show enough support, I;m sure they'll readily "speed up" development.
Old 03-17-2001, 07:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jackson's SC has been due 'real soon now' for abour a year and a half. I suspect that mule they mentioned is just someone in marketing speaking out their ass!
Old 03-17-2001, 08:07 PM

HA HA HA HA HA! :0 ROFLOL! Sorry I about fell out of my chair.. FYI, I had a prelude and they have been saying that the SC will be out any day now for at least 2 years... and still no SC. I don't know what they are selling, but it is definitly not superchargers.
Old 03-17-2001, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rule of thumb in from many trusted sources.

Unless you see the product with your own 2 eyes, trust nothing Mr. Taber tells you.
Old 03-17-2001, 08:28 PM

According to 3-4 different installers, that happened to talk to me when I picked up my SC S2000, Jackson Racing SC's are nothing in comparison (quality and power) to the Comptech SC. They were all very, very, impressed with the Comptech blower.

If it comes out, it may be more affordable; but I don't expect it to compete (very well) with the Comptech SC, from what I hear.

Wesmaster
Old 03-17-2001, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by krazik
Rule of thumb in from many trusted sources.

Unless you see the product with your own 2 eyes, trust nothing Mr. Taber tells you.
Krazik, can you please elaborate a bit on the use of the term Mr. Taber?(I'm not familiar with that term) I know it's off-topic but it's got a personal connection to it for me. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2001, 05:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]According to 3-4 different installers, that happened to talk to me when I picked up my SC S2000, Jackson Racing SC's are nothing in comparison (quality and power) to the Comptech SC.
Old 03-18-2001, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wesmaster
[B]According to 3-4 different installers, that happened to talk to me when I picked up my SC S2000, Jackson Racing SC's are nothing in comparison (quality and power) to the Comptech SC.
Old 03-18-2001, 05:50 PM

He might be seeing another Comptech S/C very soon! [/B]
I hope so, for you, it's a thrill. I love the thought of another SCd S2000 on the Houston streets tearin' it up.

Wesmaster
Old 03-18-2001, 07:29 PM
ST

I am rather surprised by the responses so far, especially the JR bashing. Yes, the Comptech unit is a superb piece that actually is available (or thought to be..lol) now, but in terms of its installation, it is not and never will be clean as an integrated roots type manifold SC (that's why its harder to install..duh). Speaking of which, this hypothetical BS about whose puts out more power is just outright funny, since no one has a clue about the JR (which was my inquiry in the first place). Yes, I support Comptech in their efforts and commend them for the mods, but having more choices is even better, especially one that retains a pretty OEM appearance (have you ever seen a JR SC'd Integra vs. a comparable Vortech/Paxton one)?! As we all know, products develop on the basis of supply and demand, and unfortunately I guess there is no demand for it (just rather stupid childish ignorance)....oh well!

[Edited by ST on 03-18-2001 at 08:33 PM]

Quick Reply: Jackson Racing Supercharger?!