S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Just found a cheaper shipping cost for individual roof well mat orders

Old 10-19-2000, 12:12 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news!

Just happened to be at the Post Office this AM and saw a shipping box that a roof well mat would fit in that is smaller than the Fedex box I quoted on.

So I grabbed it..took it home... tossed my mat in and threw it on the electronic scales.
543 grams. Sh!t....still over 1/2kg. Not being one to be beaten I cut 3 of the internally folding flaps off the box ..weighed it again and presto .. 493 grams. This gives me 7 grams of duct tape to play with. The things I do for the marque

I then rang Australia Post back and enquired about shipping this weight to the continental US and the price is $AUD11.50 ($USD6.00)

If you want to switch your shipping method over to snail mail let me know by emailing me. It may take a few days longer and be aware that there is no tracking.

My mat is the vinyl edged one..I haven't had the chance to weigh one with an overlocked cotton edge but am hoping it doesn't weigh any more than the vinyl one.

I have added the option of selecting either shipping method to the order form.

I now have 21 orders. I will authorise these credit card payments tonight and head to the trim shop in the morning.

Order Form

Group Buy Order Form
Old 10-19-2000, 02:49 AM

Muz:

That's great news. Please let me know as soon as you ship.
Old 10-19-2000, 02:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Muz, you have mail. Thought just crossed through my head that you should post the participants, location(country), and shipping method here so that we can make sure there are no mistakes. I also don't think the bulk shipment works unless we get enough people to lower the initial cost. So would all the non-group buy participants be willing to switch?

Benefits of Group Buy
Faster delivery and tracking number

Individual Order
Snail mail and I assume no tracking number
Old 10-19-2000, 03:55 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbo_pwr:
[B]Muz, you have mail.
Old 10-19-2000, 04:10 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Err... actually I can't do that. I have mostly member's real names which I won't post for obvious reasons.
Old 10-19-2000, 04:52 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

I now have 25 orders...

19 individual orders

(Fedex - 15)
(Australia Post International snail mail - 3)
(Australia Post snail mail - 1)

and...

6 group buy orders via UPS.

Let it be known that snail mail is inherently less dependable than Fedex (in the US at least) so if anyone wants to switch shipping methods or move over to turbo_pwr's group buy please speak up now (by emailing me) or forever hold your peace.

Once again .. the links for ordering...

Use this form for the Group Buy
Group Buy Order Form

...or this form if you want to order independantly of the group buy...

Order Form
Old 10-19-2000, 05:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the bulk of those 19 orders are probably from the US. Doesn't anybody want to save $30 bucks?
Old 10-19-2000, 10:24 AM

Sorry Muz - I don't want to be a pain, but reading about this group buy is getting really confusing. You have two threads open which contain a mismash of comments, orders, reports of having ordered, suggestions, and other posts concerning shipping methods, costs, etc. etc. While it's great that you are keeping us up to date with what's happening, I'm sure that by continuing these threads, it's going to get even more confusing.

Can I make a suggestion? Please close these threads and open a new one which summarizes the complete operation, including how to place an order, the cost, how the mats will be shipped and charged.

Muz. I think you are doing a great job, and I'm looking forward to receiving my mat from you. Hope you take this suggestion in good spirit. Believe me, I'm not knocking anyone. I think everyone appreciates someone who contributes to the success of S2K ownership.
Old 10-19-2000, 10:40 AM

I'm interested and haven't place an order. How is the group buy going to work. I see the shipping by weight - does that mean that our shipping costs go down with each additional order? How are group buy orders going to shipped to their final destination? Any ideas on how much that will be?

Thanks,

Etgar Nerenberg
Old 10-19-2000, 02:12 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Y2KS2K:
[B]
Can I make a suggestion?

Quick Reply: Just found a cheaper shipping cost for individual roof well mat orders