S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Just saw two used 2000's (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/just-saw-two-used-2000s-171/)

djohnston 10-12-2000 02:27 PM

Hi People- Let me start off by saying that if anyone has any grievances with me about posts from "that other" BB, you may feel free to tell me to get lost, you have that right, and if I sense enough momentum against me, I will indeed spare you all the trouble of my presence. I get the feeling there are some that think I'm nothing more than a troublemaker and that I exist only to "stir up the $hatt" I think is what someone said about me. Let me assure you I do not post simply to cause dissent, but neither am I in any way Politically Correct and so when I see something that bothers me, I vent. Anyway, 'nuff said.

Went to an outdoor car show today up here in Sussex County, sponsored by a local Honda dealership. Sure enough, they had two used S2K's, one red and the other gray. I think it's worthwhile to note that these were the same two cars they've been trying to sell all summer, the price they originally wanted for either was $38K or $39K USD as I recall, each has roughly 3000 miles on the clock.

The price they're asking now is $36 something, quite an adjustment I'd say. Just goes to show that they're not as easy to sell now as they used to be. If anyone is still in the market for a 2000 model, it's Sussex Imports in Newton NJ.

TFota 10-12-2000 02:33 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by djohnston:
... they had two used S2K's, one red and the other gray[/quote]

Hey, that's Silverstone Metallic to you! :D

fluxen 10-12-2000 02:36 PM

Don't you think part of it is that it's hard to sell convertibles in New England in the winter?

djohnston 10-12-2000 02:46 PM

fluxen- Check your map. New Jersey is not in New England!

fluxen 10-12-2000 02:48 PM

Sorry, I should know better, but I think of NY as New England, even though I guess noone on your coast does :D and I just lump New Jersey in there.

Let me rephrase: Don't you think it's hard to sell a convertible in a bitterly cold place in the winter? :D

djohnston 10-12-2000 02:53 PM

Perhaps a normal production convertible, but I think the S2K is different because of it's scarcity. The point of my post, which I'm sorry I wasn't clear on, is that they've had the same two cars on their showroom floor all summer, priced WAY too high, and now they're lowering the prices to more normal levels in order to get rid of them before the 2001's come in.

dbw 10-12-2000 04:18 PM

while at the local dealer checking out insights, the "online"salesguy[who was selling the insights] said they just bought a"truckload"[#not specified] of used s2000's in florida and had them pre-sold in the sf bay area at above msrp!!.....he said people here didn't want to wait and would buy a used one.

Zippy 10-13-2000 05:50 AM

If you look at this week's Autoweek ther are two listed. One in NY with 3200 miles for $33K and one in Al with 3000 mi. for $34K.
Ooops and one that I missed in NC untitled with 130 mi. for $35K.
Looks like the price is stabilizing with the new MY intro maybe.

BigRedESS 10-16-2000 12:01 PM

I just bought mine at a dealer in Old Bridge, NJ for MSRP. It was a 2000 model and was not marked up. I think I got the last one availabel in NJ that was not used.

I guess these guys in Newton don't realize that if we want an S2K, we will travel to get the right deal. They are not competing with local dealers on this car, but with statewide or regional dealers.

BigRedEss

2000 Red/black and about 690 miles

Barry in Wyoming 10-16-2000 07:05 PM

There's a Spa Yellow to be had for MSRP in January (give or take) from Valley Motor Honda in Sheridan, Wyoming (yes Wyoming is in the USA).... So why would someone pay $36,000 for a used one. What would it cost to ship to NJ? $500?

I hope someone from NJ or AK or HI buys it and gets it out of here. I want to be the only one in town!

Barry