S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Lift of a S2k (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/lift-s2k-66069/)

RedCelica 06-07-2002 01:55 PM

Lift of a S2k

ok I remember in my Celica w/ intake and exhaust that when I hit 6k it was like a shot of NOS. I was just like Holy ****ing Sh*t!!!!!! It was just *cream in pants* kinda thing. What I am trying to get at in a nut shell is how hard does VTEC kick in with a S2000 stock. Or would I have to add a I/H/E to get this again.

Is it just like :eek3: :eek: :eek2: :yikes: :freak2: :cool: :LOL: when VTEC kicks in b/c I know VVTL-i was like that?

dkhl 06-07-2002 01:58 PM

confused..... felt like a shot of NOS when you hit 6k in your celica??? i thought vtec was only on honda's? :yikes:

RedCelica 06-07-2002 02:07 PM

VTEC is only in honda
VVTL-i in Toyota/Pontiac
VANOS BMW
ZTEC Ford (whatta joke)
i cant remember the rest of the but there is more

ltweintz 06-07-2002 02:46 PM

I don't know how to compare for you, but VTEC is kinda like a drug with this car. Makes me do this ~~~~>:D

SECRET AP1 06-07-2002 03:04 PM

i drove the Celica GT-S a while back. i'd have to say even the Integra R has a harder kick to it (VVTL-i is infinite for timing, probably why it is less of a kick).

IMHO, VVTL-i isn't as impressive as VTEC. again, only MHO.

RedCelica 06-07-2002 03:11 PM

does hitting VTEC in a 2.0 liter make you feel like a little kid in a candy store again. I mean when I hit lift I had to change my pants in the Celica

Tonky 06-07-2002 03:17 PM

Originally posted by RedCelica
does hitting VTEC in a 2.0 liter make you feel like a little kid in a candy store again. I mean when I hit lift I had to change my pants in the Celica
What you have to remember is that you hit VTEC at 6K revs in an S2000, at that point the whole nature of the car changes to a real spittin snarling beast! The engine note becomes a really primal metallic howl as you floor the pedal and you've got 3K revs to go before you need to change up in any gear, trying to remember to get the change done before you hit the rev limiter (At 9200 revs actually). Yep it's kind of exciting! I haven't got over it yet anyway! :cool:

RedCelica 06-07-2002 03:17 PM

i mean i drove a prelude one night before I put this girls intake and exhaust on for her. I barely heard VTEC before hand but after I put that on it was loud as hell but it didnt pull as hard as VVTL-i probably because it was an automatic but I used to crush the hell out of modded GSRs all the time. It kinda made me think that VVTL-i is better than VTEC I want the pull and sound. IS that so much to ask

Tonky 06-07-2002 03:28 PM

I reckon you've all the pull and the sound you could want. You need to drive one to make up your own mind. Don't you know anyone who's got one?

Trouble is a lot of you guys over there are into the standing 1/4 scene and the car isn't really designed for that, it's meant to live round the twisty bits.Having said that,... in the standing 1/4 you'd be shutting down just as the s2000 is really coming 'On song' and it would triumph over a greater distance over many cars that beat it in the 1/4

RedCelica 06-07-2002 03:31 PM

i just wanna know if you wanna nut in you pants when you hit VTEC

or

an a scale from 1-10 how noticable is the VTEC pull/kick 10 = oh god both hands on the steering wheel please
1 = sometimes i can even tell i hit it