S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Lots of Miles, 1 S Seen (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/lots-miles-1-s-seen-1193722/)

rrounds 04-28-2019 11:35 AM

Lots of Miles, 1 S Seen

Took off on Wed. and drove a little under 1800 miles(west to east on Hwy 50) and have only seen one S on the road. We saw a Silver one going west on 50 and we were going east in Pueblo,CO.
Hope to see more the farther east we go.

Rod

darcyw 04-28-2019 05:16 PM

well, you'll see a shit tonne in 10 days in the TN, GA, NC area...try checking out US129...in T- minus 10.

:)
darcy

WVCR-V 04-29-2019 05:22 AM

Last month I drove out west from WV to Arizona, spending two weeks going to all over AZ and then through CO springs. I only saw a couple of S2000's the whole time and one of them was my sister's in Pheonix..lol. 5500 miles total.

JasonMG 04-29-2019 03:10 PM

I saw one on my way home from work today (20ish mile commute) and my jaw dropped. I think it's the third one I've seen since buying mine last year.

rrounds 04-29-2019 04:06 PM

We're in St. Louis tonight and tomorrow then off going east on Hwy 50. Have to get to Ocean City Maryland before we go sightseeing(and her chemo). 3076 miles from W. Sacramento to OCM. On my wife's bucket list. Now have to go get my oil changed.

Rod

Deckoz 04-30-2019 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by rrounds (Post 24596115)
We're in St. Louis tonight and tomorrow then off going east on Hwy 50. Have to get to Ocean City Maryland before we go sightseeing(and her chemo). 3076 miles from W. Sacramento to OCM. On my wife's bucket list. Now have to go get my oil changed.

Rod

Ocean City huh, it's where I'm from. (live in NC now)

However Assateague island is alot prettier site to see, then the crowed ass strip of OC.. OC isn't what it was years ago ..take the couple minute trip to the island.

rrounds 04-30-2019 06:42 AM

Will do, we started on one end of hwy 50 and OCM is the other end 3074 miles away. We just need to take a pic(with our car in it) of the hwy sign in OCM that says how many miles it is to West Sacramento,CA Yeah its nuts, but we read about a road trip on hwy 50 35/40 years ago and we always said we would do this one day. Well that day is here and I hope we have more days likes this because she has a very large bucket list. And I hope to get through all of them with her.

Rod

Deckoz 04-30-2019 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by rrounds (Post 24596329)
Will do, we started on one end of hwy 50 and OCM is the other end 3074 miles away. We just need to take a pic(with our car in it) of the hwy sign in OCM that says how many miles it is to West Sacramento,CA Yeah its nuts, but we read about a road trip on hwy 50 35/40 years ago and we always said we would do this one day. Well that day is here and I hope we have more days likes this because she has a very large bucket list. And I hope to get through all of them with her.

Rod

Rod That's Awesome, yep its right at the top of the bridge, before the drawbridge section, after the right hand sweep getting off of coastal highway. Look up as soon as you turn, or you might miss it/have to drive by a couple of times. When you are approaching the red flashy lights before the sweeper, have your camera ready.

:)

rrounds 05-01-2019 03:37 PM

Made it to Cincinnati, saw a white S with a wide body kit on it going south on 75(5 or 6 pm, I'm still on west coast time) but I was going north. Tomorrow we are back on hwy 50 east to maybe Bridgeport, WV Just a little drive so we can rest up a bit before we hit Washington.

Rod

rrounds 05-04-2019 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Deckoz (Post 24596231)
Ocean City huh, it's where I'm from. (live in NC now)

However Assateague island is alot prettier site to see, then the crowed ass strip of OC.. OC isn't what it was years ago ..take the couple minute trip to the island.

You forgot to tell us about the HUGE mosquitoes. LOL
We had to break out the OFF Deep Woods. So much good stuff to see and not enough time to see it all.

Thank's for the tip,
Rod

Deckoz 05-04-2019 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by rrounds (Post 24598241)
You forgot to tell us about the HUGE mosquitoes. LOL
We had to break out the OFF Deep Woods. So much good stuff to see and not enough time to see it all.

Thank's for the tip,
Rod

Huge Misquito and Horse Fly's. Yep lol keep the bugspray close

rrounds 05-12-2019 05:48 AM

Saw one more S(silver with red wheels and I think it had a hardtop, we were in our hotel room 8th floor) north of DC, we haven't seen any more and we're almost to New Orleans. So far the weather has been top down 95% of the time. It rains at night and clears up during the day. Hope our luck stays good. I've had a couple of people come up and ask if I put Honda badges on the car to keep it from getting stolen. Thats the first for us in all the states we've been through(more than 30 so far in 9 years) with my Wifes S.

Rod

rrounds 05-27-2019 01:58 PM

Been back home for a couple of days, put 8300 miles, 26 fill ups on this trip and went through 23 states. At 64 and I'm a little sore(stiff) but this was one fun drive(except the overly large and hungry mosquitoes near the Atlantic coast). Total S's seen by us was 5. We had to dodge some big storms(flash floods, tornadoes) on the way home, which we did a good job of doing. Only hit light rain on a couple of days and then only for a few hours, so top down most of the time till we hit Utah. When we left Craig, CO the weather was great but around 50 miles after we hit Utah it was top up till we hit the Sacramento valley 850 miles and two days away.

The S is a great car to take on this type of trip, all county roads or small(old) Hwy's, stay off the interstates or 8 lane Hwy's. Top down so you can sightsee and if you see something that gets your attention, go explorer it. We have done three trips like this(over 5000 miles each) in our S and we both like this type of trip over our motorhome towing our Jeep. We have even discussed selling our motorhome but I like to off-road to much to get rid of the Jeep and the S doesn't do dirt well. Summer is just starting so plan a trip in the S and have fun.

Rod

rpg51 05-27-2019 05:12 PM

The numbers are definitely dwindling.

rrounds 05-28-2019 11:46 AM

I don't know why more don't take long drives in the S, its a great car for it. The only thing I've every had to fix(replace) on a trip was a rear hub, Honda of Chandler,AZ took care of that. Other than an oil change and that rear hub I've never had any problems with our S. It's a very dependable car and that's what you want on a long drive in out of the way places like my wife and I go.

Rod
p.s. I forgot about a set of rear tires I had to buy in a one tire shop town about 9 years ago. Got a large bolt in one rear tire so had to get two new ones.

rrounds 05-31-2019 12:03 PM

I stand corrected, we did have a problem on our trip with the S. I just didn't know it till a couple of days after we got home. We were tired after this trip so we parked the S in the garage for a few days and then took it out to wash it and when I opened the hood after the wash I found that the radiator was not holding any pressure(squeeze the top rad. hose). You could see the antifreeze go between the rad. and the over flow tank when you squeezed the hose with no pressure in the system. Took the rad. cap off and sure as hell the center seal of the cap was gone.

It's in the rad. somewhere and I think I know when it happened or at least where I should have known something was wrong. We just passed a line of motorhomes going up a steep grade at around 11000 ft. when we got to the summit overlook we stopped and when we went back to the car I saw a little antifreeze on the ground. Pop the hood and I saw the fluid in the overflow tank getting sucked back into the radiator and said to myself " must be the altitude" Yeah I was way off on that one. But at least I know my radiator and fans are working great to keep the temps in check. We went another 6500 miles with a bad rad cap and I never had to add any antifreeze. Go figure.

Rod