S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

In love with my new GPW f22 swap

Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In love with my new GPW f22 swap

Hey everyone!

I finally got my hands on an awesome MY2000 S2000 for my needs: Was looking for a project car that I could take to cars and coffee and autocross without thinking twice. I will label it as a daily, but she will most likely not see rain or snow underneath my ownership. I had owned an NA miata in the past, and feel like the S2000 takes all the great attributes from it, but delivers a much better overall experience. I really really like this S2000 unlike any other car I have owned..

It has some slight rust on the rear fenders which I will tackle asap before it starts to get worse. The subframes look a lot better, so cosmetic rust issues did not scare me from picking her up.

Previous owner was a member here, who did the f22c swap 4 years ago when he bought the car. It was his full time daily on I-95, the worst road on earth IMO.

Here are a few pictures! I make YouTube videos for fun and will be fully documenting my buildup of the car in video form as well.

Thanks for making this forum an awesome resource for S2000 enthusiasts! From what I have read, I would be proud to rock a s2ki.com sticker if I had more windows on her

www.youtube.com/garagetopics
@seymourless

Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats! They're special cars for sure. Love the white exterior with red and black interior.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man. Congrats on the new car.

I've been watching your YT channel almost since you launched it (keep up the good work!). I found your channel while researching NA miatas about 18 months ago and have been watching them ever since.

You did the right thing getting a 'drivers' condition s2000 (per your video). Almost 4 years ago I picked up a completely stock and essentially mint condition '01 with just 28k miles on it. Got it from a Bentley dealer of all places. Supposedly never been in rain and from the looks of the under-body - I think its true. I was also looking for a car to AX and track. Unfortunately I just can't bring myself to thrash the car on a track due to its condition (a total waste i know!). - Its pretty much just relegated to being driven during the summer months and only when it nice outside. I've added an exhaust and AP2v3 wheels - but otherwise totally original. One good thing is that its prob worth a good bit more now than I paid for it.

To scratch the AX and track day itch, this past spring I picked up a completely stock '91 brg Miata with a hard top. It was also very clean but has 90k miles on it - so not so clean that I'm uncomfortable racing it (which is awesome btw). With the 1.6, it is definitely slow- but its a total blast to drive and track due to its raw unsophisticated nature.

I'm looking forward to you build videos. Will keep an eye out for you at VIR in the future as I hope to get out there someday to run that track.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

GPW................. FTW!
Old 12-30-2016, 08:40 AM

Received 125 Likes on 106 Posts

Congrats! Nice spacious garage!
I've owned lots of great cars - first being a 78' MGB. What really makes me fall in love with a car is personality and being purpose built. The S2k has tons of both.
Keep us updated!
Old 12-30-2016, 11:05 AM

Received 107 Likes on 102 Posts

Sweet! I will for sure follow your YT documenting and progress.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:50 PM

I used to watch a couple of your 4runner videos, glad to see you picked up a s2000.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by uabs2ki
Hey man. Congrats on the new car.

I've been watching your YT channel almost since you launched it (keep up the good work!). I found your channel while researching NA miatas about 18 months ago and have been watching them ever since.

You did the right thing getting a 'drivers' condition s2000 (per your video). Almost 4 years ago I picked up a completely stock and essentially mint condition '01 with just 28k miles on it. Got it from a Bentley dealer of all places. Supposedly never been in rain and from the looks of the under-body - I think its true. I was also looking for a car to AX and track. Unfortunately I just can't bring myself to thrash the car on a track due to its condition (a total waste i know!). - Its pretty much just relegated to being driven during the summer months and only when it nice outside. I've added an exhaust and AP2v3 wheels - but otherwise totally original. One good thing is that its prob worth a good bit more now than I paid for it.

To scratch the AX and track day itch, this past spring I picked up a completely stock '91 brg Miata with a hard top. It was also very clean but has 90k miles on it - so not so clean that I'm uncomfortable racing it (which is awesome btw). With the 1.6, it is definitely slow- but its a total blast to drive and track due to its raw unsophisticated nature.

I'm looking forward to you build videos. Will keep an eye out for you at VIR in the future as I hope to get out there someday to run that track.
Thanks! Let me know if you make it to VIR. Thinking about going to Hyperfest this year.

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Congrats! Nice spacious garage!
I've owned lots of great cars - first being a 78' MGB. What really makes me fall in love with a car is personality and being purpose built. The S2k has tons of both.
Keep us updated!
Will do!

Originally Posted by Jah2000
Sweet! I will for sure follow your YT documenting and progress.
Thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by kerby
I used to watch a couple of your 4runner videos, glad to see you picked up a s2000.
That's awesome! I would love a newer 4runner as a daily, at least that is the goal for the future.