S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Lowering the drivers seat.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:56 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

The jb weld just holds the nut in place so you can get the bolt started. The bolt holds the nut in place once its all assembled.

Its done all the time. Recently replaced my Compliance bushings in the lower control arms. Broke the welded nut off the arm that secures the lower shock mount. JB to the rescue. Not worried it won't hold when I go over bumps, all it has to do is hold the nut so I don't need another wrench when loosening or tightening the bolt.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:19 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Originally Posted by FromaDB2toanAP1
I have OEM seat pans if anyone wants to lower their seats and wanting to revert back to stock!
Interested. I have been contemplating a new diy method for seat lowering, which involves cutting a section out of the bottom of the seat pan (and the corresponding seat foam). Should allow much more freedom for lower lowering.

I would need a seat pan to experiment on. Are these still available?
Old 03-22-2015, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to bump this thread up. But I'm in the middle of the process right now. I can't seem to find airsports photos of the process and I'm not sure how much to hammer the back down. It looks like it'll break the spot welds. Can someone give me some input on this please?
Old 03-24-2015, 08:51 AM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i just did it. pain in the butt...hard part was "reshaping" the area to keep that hole flat. i got a hair lower but not enough to be really happy with the mod. i hammed the area down about 1" i worked around the area anout 2-3" to try to keep that area as flat as possible....not easy, first time pounding metal though. i also ran into the entire seatpan getting bent out of shape so it took some finessing to get it all back together. and then none of the floor bolts matched back up... it was close though so i just hit the mounting holes with a stepped drill bit and hogged them out and it works

i did gain thigh space between the wheel which is nice. i might go back in a cut out more foam too. i just removed the "dimple"
Old 05-20-2015, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since there has been some recent activity in this thread, I'm fairly tall (6'2") and my knee hit the steering wheel a little when I tried test driving. I would love to buy an S2000 if this solves that issue.

I was wondering if there's anyone in New England who has done this type of mod.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TPhong
From talking to Mulder, he says that the CR seats sit a bit higher than the AP1 seats. He's 6'+ and I'm only 5' 5", but does anyone know if the seat rails would be interchangable between the CR and AP1 seats, or if that would even make a difference?
They are. I have had the same BYS rail kit in 2006,2009,2003,2001.
The CR has the most clearance under the seat because there is no soundproofing under the carpet. The seat adjusts ahead and back while scrubbing the carpet but it still works and I seldom re-adjust it.
Best mod you can do for driver comfort if you are taller. Second best mod is remove the rear view mirror so you can see out "all" of the top of the windshield. Remove the sunvisors next. You'll be amazed at how much more you can see.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Resurrecting this dead thread to say....I just put in the BYS lower seat rail and it is phenomenal. Im exactly 6'0 and my legs just barely hit the bottom of the wheel which was very annoying. Now they don't. It doesn't seem like a big deal but it really is. Highly recommended. Very easy to do as well.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto - I bought one after reading this thread and put it in a few weeks ago. I am still probably too tall for the car (6'3) but I fit much better and don't think about it nearly as much.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Same here. 6'1.5", may as well just say 6'2". The BYS rail helped a lot and kept the steering wheel off my legs. I drove a friend's AP1 and it seemed like I have more room between my legs and the steering wheel than I did with my 06 stock rails. I would LOVE to get another inch or lower.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you guys buy the BYS rails from ?

Quick Reply: Lowering the drivers seat.