S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Man, Machine, and his transcontinental trip (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/man-machine-his-transcontinental-trip-512484/)

loanshark 08-04-2007 04:12 AM

By the way guys, I just noticed I keep writing July. My trip is alive, so all dates should be August :D

loanshark 08-04-2007 04:12 AM

QUICK UPDATE:

Currently (7am in Chicago), August 4th. Will stay here all day, and tonight (staying by the airport).

Sunday morning on the way. Looking to drive about 700 miles Sunday. Probably get to Omaha or so. If anybody around there, and want to meet for dinner let me know.

Next stop after that (Monday) will be Denver.

As usual call me, if you want to meet. Sat night (tonight) couple of Elises people in CHicago getting together.

loanshark 08-04-2007 04:37 AM

AUGUST 3, 2007.

Total miles driven today 940 miles. Started at 7am from Philly. Arrived at Pittsburg, 10:45am. Had lunch with fellow Elise owner and hung out till 12:15pm.

Left at 12:38pm for Chicago. Arrived in Chicago at 6pm. Total drive 701 miles. Then in Chicago drove 140 miles, and then to bed at 3am! Long day. Details below.

Wanted to get an early start out of Philly. The drive was uneventful, which is always a good thing. In Breezewood, PA (stopped at a service station). Took about 25 minutes to fill up. After I paid inside, I came back to 4 guys standing around the car. Comments,

loanshark 08-04-2007 04:39 AM

Drive through Ohio, Indiana, was fun. Lots of people taking pics, and thumbs up. One scary moment in Ohio, when a cargo van Chevy 2500 kept tail gaiting me. I moved over, he wouldn't. Then I sped up, and he kept cutting all over traffic. Was pretty scary actually. Then he finally passes me, and all he wanted to do was get the girl in the pass seat to take a front end pic. LOL. Ohio toll was about $14 I believe. Man I miss CA, where we don't have to pay to use the roads!

Indiana was the best, passing through South Bend and Gary. A VW R32 wanted to play, and we had fun for a bit. And the whole toll was only 4bucks! I mentioned that to the woman, that it was cheap, and that was a nice break. She said,

Tyraid2K 08-04-2007 04:45 AM

awesome trip, can't imagine elise seats are the most comfortable place to sit going across country, but they are sure one of the most fun

loanshark 08-04-2007 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tyraid2K,Aug 4 2007, 04:45 AM
awesome trip, can't imagine elise seats are the most comfortable place to sit going across country, but they are sure one of the most fun

12 hours in them yesterday, the seats are not bad at all. I like you don't have to lean back (like in the s2k and miata) to use the headrest!

i_heart_my_DB8 08-04-2007 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by loanshark,Aug 4 2007, 10:48 AM
12 hours in them yesterday, the seats are not bad at all. I like you don't have to lean back (like in the s2k and miata) to use the headrest!

I thought the new '06+ s2k seats fixed that a little?

Sounds like you're having a blast, thanks for taking the time to share. Can't imagine a better way to get to know your new car. Looking forward to the comparisons vs. the S2k.

:thumbup:

jeggy 08-04-2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by loanshark,Aug 4 2007, 04:39 AM
**FORGOT TO MENTION**
When I was at chicago airport, it only took change only as toll!!!! UGH. I threw in a 1$ bill, but nothing happened. So I went, and a bright line shined behind me, I assume to take my car plate pic.

What do I do? :( ANyone know? I will be by the airport today. I don't want to go to LA and get a huge ticket in the mail.

youre allowed 3 missed tolls i belive. but if youre really worried about it, call 1-800-ucipass.
i think you give them the location that you ran the toll, your car, plate, car color yada yada yada and they allow you to charge the toll to your credit card.

you mentioned in the UMW forum that you were meeting up with notfwd.com today (sat), i plan on being there was well. look forward to meeting you.

loanshark 08-04-2007 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Aug 4 2007, 10:47 AM
I thought the new '06+ s2k seats fixed that a little?

Sounds like you're having a blast, thanks for taking the time to share. Can't imagine a better way to get to know your new car. Looking forward to the comparisons vs. the S2k.

:thumbup:

my 07 S2000 required me to push my headback into the headrest, exactly like my surfboard miata seats. :)

loanshark 08-04-2007 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by jeggy,Aug 4 2007, 11:59 AM
youre allowed 3 missed tolls i belive. but if youre really worried about it, call 1-800-ucipass.
i think you give them the location that you ran the toll, your car, plate, car color yada yada yada and they allow you to charge the toll to your credit card.

you mentioned in the UMW forum that you were meeting up with notfwd.com today (sat), i plan on being there was well. look forward to meeting you.

Yup I will be there tonight. Probably with couple of lotus buddies. Hope to see some S2k buddies. Come and say hi. If you can't find me (310 924 4839) are my digits.

-Ryan