S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Mr. Hesel et al...how about this for a new accessory? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/mr-hesel-et-al-how-about-new-accessory-8254/)

gregstevens 03-02-2001 11:59 AM

Rick, how about this for a product idea? I think having a custom piece on the door sill plate would be very cool! Have your name put etched or engraved along with the VIN (or not). I am not looking at the plate right at the moment, so I can

Rick Hesel 03-02-2001 02:44 PM

I like this idea. Since I don't have much experience with metal things like this and I have my hands kind of full right with new projects, maybe this is one for Mingster. Richard, are you listening?

gregstevens 03-02-2001 03:48 PM

Hey Rick, it's looking pretty lonely here on this thread. 140-something posts and not a single person interested.

How about we make our OWN and screw these guys?!? That way we would have the only two custom made sill plate thingies on the planet...talk about badass! We'll be the SH!T in Asheville!

:cool:

I still like the idea...I don't care what you guys say...(or don't say, in this case) heh

:p

Seriously, this does sound like a job more for Richard. Yoohooo, Mingster?!? Where are you?!?

Rick Hesel 03-02-2001 03:52 PM

Since I replied, I remembered somebody who can do this. I'll talk to him on Monday. Consider the project underway!

My goal is to have them on our cars for Asheville (along with the prototype badges) for all to see and covet:).

gregstevens 03-02-2001 03:55 PM

:D

See what you guys are missing out on!!

HA!

:p

LATEOTT 03-02-2001 04:25 PM

Price seems to be just over $100 for a spare sill.

One link for parts is here:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...352098/352065/0

I kinda like the idea of a personalized, VIN stamped sill! :)

nvmys2k 03-02-2001 04:34 PM

Pretty cool idea but not sure if I want to cough up $100 though...

Rick Hesel 03-02-2001 04:58 PM

How about $60-70? If we can pull this off I think that will be the price.

aquatic 03-02-2001 05:10 PM

Hey

I read it.
Talk to me tomorrow about this.

We do metal engravings at work. Hense the name Valley Engraving.

See all you have to do is ask.

But I may only be able to do part of it. Lets talk and see if I can help out.

PS If we make it out of Magnesium it could have some cool colors when your car starts on fire.

Well lets hope not.

aquatic

wanabe 03-02-2001 05:58 PM

wanabe in on this one! especially if its leather!!!

Swurvydel 03-04-2001 07:08 PM

i would be interested

gregstevens 03-04-2001 08:11 PM

Keith was here this weekend...and we looked at the piece that is on the car. His company does this kind of work so it's going to be easy.

We really have the option of making different ones for different events...and they will all be made from REAL metal, not the cheesy plastic crap that the stockers are made from.

Stay tuned!

:D

tims2k 03-04-2001 08:12 PM

I'll relate this back to mingster later tonight. Sounds like a plan there.

Jay Li 03-04-2001 08:33 PM

I'd definitely be in for this if the price were right...adds a nice personal touch!

SteveUCI 03-04-2001 08:59 PM

You know this *would* make that nice personal touch! For those of us who gave our cars names, this would be the place to do it! :)

Now I just gotta think of a name.

mingster 03-04-2001 09:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
[B]I like this idea.

gregstevens 03-04-2001 09:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mingster
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hesel
[b]I like this idea.

tims2k 03-04-2001 09:35 PM

If I get home early tomorrow I'll see what it takes to take the alluminum piece off. If there are 2 screws I should find them.

Rick Hesel 03-05-2001 02:59 AM

So, Greg and Richard, I don't need to worry about this one? :).

gregstevens 03-05-2001 06:18 AM

Originally posted by Rick Hesel
So, Greg and Richard, I don't need to worry about this one? :).
Yea, I suppose we'll let you off the hook on this one, Rick. :cool:

Keith and I are gonna work on this...Mingster may help us, too. I just hope I have enough time to come up with something good!

:)

Luder94 03-05-2001 06:50 AM

Very interested.

PS. Rick look at the Plug O' da Day at the bottom.

Sev 03-05-2001 07:21 AM

I like the Vin # idea, what about incorporating the Vin # into the hood and rear emblem? That would be extra nice.

aquatic 03-05-2001 08:35 AM

Ok I'm here.

I took the piece off my car. I am going to make a couple options to see what is best. This means another meeting Greg. Maybe if its nice we can get a small get together with others.

This is the plan:

I can make the outer edge a duller silver metal, then etch down to a brighter metal. Leaving the name raised above.

I could paint the lower part black and leave the letters raised and silver.

Again I'll do both.

This will be a metal piece. Thin Magnesium. Greg and I talked, it would be cool to change at some time so putting velcro on the back instead of re-reviting, which wouldn't be easy anyways. This way we could change it later.

So I'll make up a couple soon. Then we'll decide and let others know. Don't even ask the cost now. It won't be much. Then we have to figure out what to put on them and if its drivers side or both sides.

I think its a great idea though. It really does make your car, yours, doesn't it.

PS
Thanks Greg and Meat (Brad) for a fun weekend. Although we did bore Linda a bit with those racing videos. I'd still like to get a video for my heal toe though.

Keith
aquatic

mingster 03-05-2001 09:12 AM

Great, Keith's got it so I probably don't have to worry about it either :D

John David 03-05-2001 12:51 PM

Originally posted by aquatic
...Greg and I talked, it would be cool to change at some time so putting velcro on the back instead of re-reviting, which wouldn't be easy anyways. This way we could change it later.

So I'll make up a couple soon. Then we'll decide and let others know. Don't even ask the cost now. It won't be much. Then we have to figure out what to put on them and if its drivers side or both sides.

I think its a great idea though. It really does make your car, yours, doesn't it.
aquatic

I'm in. I like the idea of personalizing my car.
I think it should go on both sides.