S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

: ( My Month Old Amuse Lip in Pieces! Dont Let Ur Friends Drive Ur S!!!!!

Old 07-09-2003, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly can't believe he didn't offer to pay!! If i was him, I would payed you on the spot. Make him pay, he probably thinks "sorry" is going to make you forget.. Get the money..
Old 07-09-2003, 04:54 PM

The only reason I would consider not making him pay is because he probably had no idea that he had to push the shifter down to get it into reverse. If it came down to it i would tell him it was a genuine amuse lip and make him shell out 500 bucks!

-Ryan
Old 07-09-2003, 04:59 PM

I'm with everyone else. I'm surprised he didn't offer to pay for it on the spot, and he definitely should pay for it.

I know Judge Judy would make him pay.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:29 PM

Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

that's just too bad.
good luck with the new lip.
he's to blame. I think there are numbers etched into the shift knob. he should have known there are two positions with you pull the shifter to the right and back.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:41 PM

Hey make him pay no matter who is!!

I cant stand ppl who wont take responsiblity for there actions
Old 07-09-2003, 06:05 PM

i hate when people try to take advantage. from now on i aint lettin ANYONE drive my damn car, i dont care who u are! i was good for awhile not lettin anyone drive my car till yesterday...people dont get that my car is my baby. im shellin out $33k payin for the damn thing, its not like theyre goin to make my damn payments u know? i mean, i was talkin to my friend earlier tellin him if i did that to anybodys car, i would take the responsibility and pay. he apparently got scared of me and was like uh, i gotta go home. my gf gave me his # so i gotta give him a call. and before he did it, he was tellin me how hes gonna get a 2003 accord coupe. hmmm, i can get revenge if he doesnt pay me, hehehe. i jus wish i never gave him the keys in the first place. i really hate lookin at my car now. i was goin all motor on it and the only outside mods i got on it were tinted windows, my teams logo, and my beloved amuse lip, also the JIC titanium exhaust which has not arrived yet. now the car looks so plain. ive been too much of a nice guy lately, well u know what, no more mr. nice guy!
Old 07-09-2003, 06:06 PM

If he had any decency, he should have immediately offered to get you a new one.
If he doesn't know you have to push down to shift into reverse, then he doesn't have much experience with driving a stick.

he should have test shifted the stick before starting the car up and put it in gear. I would have to make sure I know where the gears are.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:01 PM

I'm with the rest of you guys. I too would have paid for the part on the spot. I say make him pay!
Old 07-09-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

It seems sad these days that no one takes responsibilities anymore. That guy should have said, I'm sorry and offer to pay. He was the one who didn't know how to drive an S2K and it's not your fault that he didn't ask you how to shift into reverse. Even when my gf first drove my car, she asked how to get into reverse. Not too hard to ask a simple question. My point is, you don't have to feel bad that you didn't tell him.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judge Wantone continues...

1. You shouldn't call the guy. Since it's your girlfriend's friend, she should call him.

2. You should present the guy with a receipt showing the actual cost you paid, not the price it will take to replace. With all these Amuse clones out there, like me, you may have paid more than what they're going for now.

3. If all fails I'll call the biotch but after 9pm (cuz I got free minutes then )

4. Give your girl a for offering to work OT to pay you back. She's a keeper!

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: : ( My Month Old Amuse Lip in Pieces! Dont Let Ur Friends Drive Ur S!!!!!