S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

My NEW PIAA Fog Lights, Installed! (Pics)

Old 03-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally! I got the opportunity to purchase and install the new PIAA 004x Xtreme White fog lights.

If you know me here on the board, I have always been known for my fog lights from my old S2000. Those lights were also PIAA's and they were the 1200 Dichronic series. I had my share of issues from those lights but they were awesome on the car! I had them installed in the "fake air" ducts and always liked how they looked. When I traded the car (back in October), I took the lights out and gave them to my cousin. I planned on finding a new set of fog lights to install.

So started the entire Odyssey minivan light plan! I purchased the lights and they even looked as if they would work but they were quite costly ($300+) and once installed, the warranty would be VOID! Also, some photos emerged from ebay on an S2000 that had these lights installed and they (the fog lights) looked crooked!

Not wanting that at all, I decided to continue my search! Then I came upon my first choice of PIAA lights, the 004x. These lights look great and I was ready to install them in the same place as my old fog lights (from my old '00).

The side grills I had purchased from Coastal Metals were really meant to be temporary until I chose what fog light set up do go with. However, over time, I really grew to like the side grills. And when I added the front spoiler, they looked just "right!"

So now, I thought, where am I going to install these PIAA's? I thought of mounting them behind the stainless grill, but that sucker is really thick and the light coming past that grill would probably be so distorted that it would be a waste of time to even have them in the first place!

Then it hit me! Drill holes and have the PIAA's stick out of them! So, under heavy uncertainty, I drilled the holes and mounted the lights. Voila! AirGate's got fog lights again!!!

Dave McCune of Coastal Metals was kind enough to send me some additional molding and I just added the finishing touch! Enjoy!

Installation was a piece of cake too!
Old 03-13-2002, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look awesome! Good choice of foglight, and a great job of installing them, airgate! Thanks for sharing the info and pics.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful, I have my PIAA 912 Stealth behind the grill so the rocks and debris would not crack the lense however, had it shut off without waiting for it to cool down while it was hand washed and the cold water hitting the hot lights caused it to crack anyways. Now I got to get a new set from lesson learned.

Tan
Old 03-13-2002, 08:36 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Very Nice
Old 03-13-2002, 08:41 PM

Looks great, how hard was it to fit them into the grill ??
Old 03-14-2002, 04:53 AM

Looks great Airgate, how did you cut the grill to fit the fog light? Did you have some sort of template???

excellent job
Old 03-14-2002, 08:37 AM

That looks great. Also like the name under the grill. Can't wait to get a closer look next week
Old 03-14-2002, 08:38 AM

Looks good. Thanks for sharing again.

Would it be possible for you to take a pic or two from your driver's seat at night both with the new lights on and off? I'd be interested to see what kind of pattern you get with our super effective HID lamps already on and how much "fill in" these lights provide.
Old 03-14-2002, 09:56 AM

They look great. Where did you wire them in?
Old 03-14-2002, 10:05 AM

OMG thos are absolutely sweet

Quick Reply: My NEW PIAA Fog Lights, Installed! (Pics)