S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Need advice on how to handle total loss wreck with my S2K

Old 06-17-2019, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, lot's of work to do! I'm hunting for another S2000 now actually. Any leads on a good low mileage S2K near Arizona?

Lift is a Dannmar Max Jax 2-post mid-rise lift. I have 10' ceilings in my garage and this is a 6000lb 48" lift. Just perfect for working on S2K's and doing regular maintenance on the rest of the fleet! I'd recommend it to anyone on here but message me first so I can advise on all the issues I ran into with the supplied anchoring system. Basic jist is go with an epoxy anchor kit and bypass using the supplied wedge style anchors. Off topic but since it was mentioned felt like adding a bit about it!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:42 AM

Received 1,562 Likes on 928 Posts

I was curious how the accident happened.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:05 AM

Left work after being super tired all day...to the point where I was falling asleep at the computer (on-going medical issue). Left a few minutes early trying to get home to rest and pretty much was in auto-pilot. I don't think I actually fell asleep but more like just going through the motions/being complacent. The road out of where I work is very twisty...lot's of sharp turns...gravel shoulders...high banks..etc. I sort of snapped to and realized I was drifting off the road and my reaction was an overreaction that caused the car to spin out.

So basically a series of poor choices and I'm lucky it happened where it did. It spun out and off the road into a high bank on the left side. Biggest lesson I learned is that driving tired is no joke. I would say that I will definitely take it more seriously in the future. Got my marbles rattled but no airbags and no injuries at all.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by bsconz
Left work after being super tired all day...to the point where I was falling asleep at the computer (on-going medical issue). Left a few minutes early trying to get home to rest and pretty much was in auto-pilot. I don't think I actually fell asleep but more like just going through the motions/being complacent. The road out of where I work is very twisty...lot's of sharp turns...gravel shoulders...high banks..etc. I sort of snapped to and realized I was drifting off the road and my reaction was an overreaction that caused the car to spin out.

So basically a series of poor choices and I'm lucky it happened where it did. It spun out and off the road into a high bank on the left side. Biggest lesson I learned is that driving tired is no joke. I would say that I will definitely take it more seriously in the future. Got my marbles rattled but no airbags and no injuries at all.

Damn, I'd be wide awake if I came across twisty roads with sharp turns while driving my s2000. Don't get to see much of that around my city.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:55 PM

Received 1,562 Likes on 928 Posts

I was driving home at midnight, after 12 days of flying overseas. Been up a long time. Cruise control, window down to keep me going, middle lane on the freeway, high beams, no one in front or behind. Dark. Up ahead I spot something in the middle of my lane. Get closer. Looks red, square and plastic. I bet it looks like a gas can! Did I go around it? Switch lanes? Brake? Do anything? Nope. Just ran right into that bad boy with cruise engaged. Thank goodness is was empty and there was no damage to my 1994 Thunderbird. I was driving like a drunk even though I was stone cold sober.

The next day what happened really hit me. You think you can be superman but I am not. Just a human.