S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

need your help getting s2000's of ebay and other ?'s

Old 08-28-2003, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would use ebay only as a purchase point for nearby vehicle if possible. Keep a very close eye on autotrader.com, cars.com, autobytel.com, vehix.com, and any other classified listing you can find. Check them at least once a day. I have seen numerous cars posted there for decent prices (**I'm making no claim here toward their condition), and I found mine on autotrader.com. It came with 24k on the clock and I got it for less than what you've quoted as a desired price range.
Old 08-28-2003, 03:40 PM

munckee: may i ask you how much you paid for yours? and was your s2000 found in around your area? RedY2KS2k: i'm sure if i do a a background check on the car and see who the owner was i'm not sure i'll be needing repairs for a honda under 32,xxx miles, unless there are some issues i dont know about, is the clutch that bad, which are the most common problems on the S? i'm not really a "Street racer" but i will take it to the tracks 2-3's a year. its gonna my daily driver. i wanted to get an integra type r, but with what i want to do with an R i could just as easily get an S, so thats what i'm gonna go for.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:23 PM

I'd prefer not to throw an exact quote out, but as I said, I paid less than you quoted as your budget. I got mine in Dallas. Found it on autotrader and called about it. Turned out that because it had two small dings, the owner had decided to slash the price pretty considerably. I had a dallas owner from this board go test drive it for me and send me some pics as a "third party inspector".

Once I was satisfied that it was worth the trip, I flew to Dallas and the owner picked me up. I took a careful look at the car and drove it myself and then went ahead and purchased it. I sent the "inspector" a $50 gift cert. to his favorite restaurant as a thank you for which he was very appreciative. He would have happily done the inspection for free to help out another enthusiast.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:34 PM

by the way I was very appreciative of the gift certificates to the restaurant.

young23,
if you find a car in the DFW area let me know. I can take pics of all 10 vin numbers or take count of them. I will test drive the car and check things out for you. I can even take video and e-mail everything to you.

I am pretty mechanically inclined considering I just installed SC on my own car. I bought my car when I was 24 and I was with progressive due to 3 speeding tickets, which have now dropped off my 3 year record. I was paying $200 a month for insurance. Now it is a $100 a month, my 5 year record is now haunting me.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:40 PM

My S is my daily driver. Since 7/31 final installation date of the SC, I have put over 2K miles on the car.

I would say for daily driving you will be fine. I like the fact the car gives you the feel of road racing for a daily driver. Traffic out here in DFW is like bumper drafting in NASCAR, everyone does it.