S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New enthusiast with an agenda :)

Old 08-26-2003, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New enthusiast with an agenda :)

Good morning gents,
At the risk of getting banned or removed on my very first post I would like to to inform you I have a cnc machine and I'm looking to make parts for your cars. I do not own an S2K but have been "spanked" by my neighbor on several occasions. I love the format that the S2000 runs but like always can see several areas where Honda just ran out of either time to finish it or figured that detail was not an issue. Don't get me wrong it's a very nice car but those customized touches billet aluminum and carbon fiber add as well as the occasional titanium metals are just lacking.

Any thoughts?

as an enthusiast I understand the rules of sponsorship and the whole "group buy" rule for non owners. Please don't lecture me on the rules...I have read them. Before I toss money into a board to sponsor it I must know the market is there. I make parts for my 3000GT/Stealth members and hold a very high level of quality and service. This is really your gain, yes I will make money from it but imagine things like strut braces for 150.00-175.00 and oilcaps with what ever you want engraved into them for like 20 bucks. You own billet valve cover plate with your screen name or whatever machined into it. The list can be endless.

Hope to do business with you!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:25 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No thanks! Strut Braces are a dime a dozen in that price range. Who the hell really cares about oilcaps?
Old 08-26-2003, 12:20 PM

ek2development,

I would suggest that you provide a more extensive list of what you can provide. I'd hate to turn away a possible sponsor without thoroughly evaluating potential services.

I have no idea what a CNC machine is or what it can make.

Thanks.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:35 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

CNC machine - Computer Numerically Controlled machine. In essence, a programmable, computer-controlled machine that will machine parts for you. You can have them in different configurations, all the way up to a six axis machine (ie, it can cut/machine at any angle in any plane). In short, it allows for highly customized, highly accurate, precision machined pieces (though normally at a pretty high cost). They're expensive, but they definitely make nice parts (and aren't labour intensive, really, beyond the programming). I'd be interested to see what this guy can turn out....though I think turbo_pwr is right - braces are a dime a dozen for that price. I'd go with more custom pieces that no one else (or almost no one else) makes...
Old 08-26-2003, 01:00 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

I'be interested to see what you can offer.
And I dig billet oil caps!
Old 08-26-2003, 01:19 PM
Former Moderator

One piece aluminum X-brace and keep it under $180.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:26 PM
TSX

Originally posted by Ubetit
One piece aluminum X-brace and keep it under $180.
Lightweight "Titanium" X-brace or V-brace.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ek2,

Despite Dan's seemingly gruff nature, he's really an OK guy, so don't pay him any mind

You'll find that quite a few people are high on expectations here, but all too often low on initiative to do anything about it. Products have to be REALLY special before most will shell out money, so while billet oilcaps are nice, don't expect to buy more than a few cans of tuna with the profits. CNCs are powerful machines, so you'll do best by coming up with a product that doesn't currently exist, or making a better and/or cheaper version of an existing product.

Too many of us have seen would-be sponsors come on this board and make grand claims of what they can do, only to disappear into the woodwork when they either couldn't perform or couldn't provide. Spend some time leafing through old posts and see what people complain about the most...then try and create a product(s) that will solve or at least alleviate the problem. An attempt at anything less is practically a sure sign of impending doom for you and your products on this board.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:03 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This guy dissappear?
Old 08-27-2003, 10:17 AM
TSX

Originally posted by Ro_Ja Boy
This guy dissappear?
Maybe he's out making parts?
www.eK2development.com
Looks like he is already making oil caps.

Quick Reply: New enthusiast with an agenda :)