S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

-Official- Is this car worth it thread - vol. 2

Old 05-21-2015, 08:29 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

That red one is cleans as hell from top to bottom. Atleast from pics. Plus he has the car fax ready . I would go look at that one immediately . Haggle price but if he's firm i would still give him his asking. Red low mileage and super clean. Yes please. That engine bay looks well taken care of. Plus comes with car cover ! The leather also looks well taken care of from the usual spots where they start cracking . Thanks for posting on my way to look at this one!!
Old 05-26-2015, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys - haven't made my introduction post yet as I am still shopping for my first s2000. Theres a couple I'm looking at this weekend. The one I'm going to link is high on my list. It is modified, and has higher miles which I'm okay with. The owner said the retainers were done at 90k which was my main concern with a higher mileage AP1. My other car is a 300whp 02 wrx so I know my way around the engine bay. My question for this, what concerns might you guys have with a car modified like this knowing what you do about the s2000 specifically? Looks like a good deal. I'm a few hours from him. Talked to him this week and sounds really clean, top is good, some paint chips from driving (to be expected). Said it does on occasion throw a code for the air pump which is just emissions related, I'm not too worried about that. Seems like a very honest seller, with all the mods I would be likely to add myself, and it's clean. Price seems right for what it is. Any input from you guys?

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/5014968551.html
Old 05-26-2015, 12:36 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

The fact that it has an obx header which more than likely is making the car lose hp would keep me away
Old 05-26-2015, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by superchargedk20
The fact that it has an obx header which more than likely is making the car lose hp would keep me away
So I ran a carfax on this car, always do when I buy used, and the seller flat out lied to me on multiple points.

He said the car was a clean titled vehicle - it is clean, in Tennessee, but it was salvaged in Kentucky and the title didn't transfer the salvage part over to Tennessee when he bought it. He also has had the car for less than 30 days! It was rear ended according to carfax and he said everything on the car was perfect except "some rock chips here and there due to age". Also said it had 107k miles on it in the craigslist post - last odometer reading when he bought it a month ago was 110,300. HE NEVER EVEN OWNED IT WHEN IT HAD 107K!!! Small difference but still very misleading.

Bottom line? ALWAYS GET A VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT! Glad I do before I buy!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:06 AM

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

New thread here:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/112...-thread-vol-3/
Old 01-22-2018, 09:58 AM

Default Opinions/Red Flags?

I am starting to look for an AP1 and this one caught my eye.

https://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/d...439370967.html

Are there any red flags or opinions about this one? Doing a bit of digging shows it was originally a Pennsylvania car and has been in and has only had 400 miles put on since 2011 which gives me some pause. The car is in Houston and I'm up in DFW so it would take a bit for me to check it out in person.

Any opinions or advice welcome.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2018, 12:26 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

its worth checking out i guess, i would request some interior shots first since there are not any. Also the 2001 is going to require some maintenance most likely so get ready for some of that, like the oil jets and possibly ageing soft top with plastic window. But the price seems pretty fair for such low miles, from what i can actually see and assuming the car does not have any sort of wierd issues.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:55 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

I only glanced at the listing but noticed that they listed the VIN. I'd want to see a Carfax on it to find out when it was relocated to Houston. If it was there during the flooding last year then maybe get lots of undercarriage photos just to be sure this car wasn't impacted in some way.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
its worth checking out i guess, i would request some interior shots first since there are not any. Also the 2001 is going to require some maintenance most likely so get ready for some of that, like the oil jets and possibly ageing soft top with plastic window. But the price seems pretty fair for such low miles, from what i can actually see and assuming the car does not have any sort of wierd issues.
There are interior shots at the dealer's link. Interior looks clean, without much wear on the seats. Carfax doesn't list any accidents.
I'd go have a look...