S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

KAAZ Diff noise

Old 04-28-2020, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KAAZ Diff noise

Hi! First post here.
Recently just acquired an 02 Berlina Black with 140k in it. Person I bought it from has upgraded quite a bit. He has stated that the car comes with a KAAZ 1.5 way LSD and ACT pressure plate with OEM clutch in it as he was planning on going turbo but never got to it. Ofcourse, I have no way of checking them forsure as I need to open them up. My question is, is it suppose to be making a humming noise while accelerating/decelerating? I'm new to driving a car with an upgraded LSD but I am aware of the clunking noise when taking tight corners such as parking lots. Would changing the diff fluid help it quiet down a bit? It gets even louder on freeway speeds whether the top is up or down. To me, it almost sounds like it has superchager in it. Thanks in advance fellas!

Last edited by t2Jello; 04-29-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:05 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

My 1.5 way LSD I had Puddymod build for my LS swapped FD made a clunking noise turning at low speed but not a whine that I can recall. The original Puddymod Stage 1.5+ 3.9 gears I had him build for my S2K while it was supercharged did make a whining noise. I know it wasn't the blower because it made the noise even after swapping an LS1 into the car. It almost sounded like a streetbike was riding in my blind spot. When I upgraded to a stage 2+ from Puddymod with 3.63 gears for my LS1 swapped S2k I opted for polished gears and there is no whine to speak of anymore. Dunno if this helps at all. Just sharing my experiences with built diffs. Good luck and welcome to the community!
Old 04-29-2020, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for your input! But yes, that's kind of like what I am hearing. Like as if I have a streetbike right next to me. I'm not entirely sure what gearing he had installed with the diff and when I did ask he, he wasn't too sure either. He just knew that it was KAAZ 1.5 since he only bought it and had a person install it for him. I do know forsure that it is coming from back.