S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3

Old 04-22-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Worth it?

Hey guys.
Very deep in talks for this S2k here. First time s2k buyer since this will be my first car! I'm being given a deal of $15,500 shipped to my door from houston to chicago. This does not include tax, title and plates. Car has the usual wear and tear on the seats, carpet, trim, and then a couple paint chips around the car. Missing antenna and s2k logo on passenger side only. tires are perfect in the back. Front are 7/32 so will be needing replacing soon. I'm only looking for AP2's and Silverstone or Laguna blue pearl so for my budget this kinda fit the bill but wasnt super crazy miles at all. Clean carfax with no accidents but apparently rear quarter panel shows work has been done which was only noticed using a paint meter and since the vin is not on there. Car also had power steering issue come up but dealer is taking care of it. Should I pull the trigger? Been searching for about 5 months now and really just want a s2k already!

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=161932393

2004 Honda S2000 2dr Conv - Inventory Trophy Motor Cars Auto dealership in Houston, Texas
Old 04-23-2017, 03:02 AM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Personally I stay away from used car dealerships. There are plenty of better cars that have come up for sale on this forum and you then know the history, why haven't you bought one here? It looks nice enough, but 4 owners and the mileage would make me move on. Plus as I said the Used Car dealership thing.

Does it come with all maintenance records? That would be a plus.

Good luck!!!
The following users liked this post:
uahmad3 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 04:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The car certainly looks like it has been spruced up for sale
but I think it is sort of odd that a car would be missing the S2000 badge from
one side and also the antenna if it has been cared for. Especially the S2000 badge
I don't think they just fall off.
uahmad3 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 11:12 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Cars with missing badges = poor repair to me. I think I'd keep looking.
uahmad3 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Carnut12
Personally I stay away from used car dealerships. There are plenty of better cars that have come up for sale on this forum and you then know the history, why haven't you bought one here? It looks nice enough, but 4 owners and the mileage would make me move on. Plus as I said the Used Car dealership thing.

Does it come with all maintenance records? That would be a plus.

Good luck!!!
That's true I understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately I haven't come across any cars that quite fit my price range or condition I was looking for. Those that have been have unfortunately been sold before I could get to them. I am also kind of hesitant with a private seller because any cars I do find are ending up out of state and it's hard for me to check them out or the sellers are unresponsive or unwilling to provide certain detail/pics i ask for unfortunately. All the good ones go so quick There isn't much for maintenance records on the car. It's been up for sale since November with the price slowly dropping. The carfax is clean but not super detailed. I figured I'd be giving this s2k a good home myself and really just go through it top to bottom and make sure its all tracked from here on out.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Lowball them and keep looking, see if they come back to you.

Nice ones sell fast if priced right just like you referenced, I would wait for one of those, they sell fast for a reason. I got lucky, 3 cars popped up within about an hour from me, all 1 owner mint cars with low miles. I paid a little more, but I got what I wanted.

Good luck!!!
uahmad3 (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Carnut12
Lowball them and keep looking, see if they come back to you.

Nice ones sell fast if priced right just like you referenced, I would wait for one of those, they sell fast for a reason. I got lucky, 3 cars popped up within about an hour from me, all 1 owner mint cars with low miles. I paid a little more, but I got what I wanted.

Good luck!!!
Thanks! I'm just getting impatient with the nice weather coming around and having patiently looking 2 times a day every day for the last 5 months. I have seen a lot of great ones go :/ I definitely have a lot i want these guys to prove to me to ensure that i am truly getting a good car or not so if they can't meet those demands i definitely may have to step away from signing the papers. I believe they are expecting a deposit tomorrow as they have been holding it for me for 2 days now without any payment so far. They did say someone else expressed interest though so that may be why. The best thing about this dealer has been no pressure during the sale process like the other dealers. Let me post some pics I got from the inspector on lemon squad that checked it out for me.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:07 PM

Here is a report I got from lemonsquad.com. The pictures looked good there was really nothing that stood out other than the usual paint chip here and there. They have told me they will have powersteering issue completely properly fixed and then send inspection report from a honda dealer after to show it's good to go now. Also will show me what work was done to fix this problem. Trying to have them add 90 day warranty on power steering as well to cover me in case anything went wrong later. Antenna and license plate light bulb will also be fixed at their expense. This might help provide more info and answer if I should pull the trigger or not.

FULL REPORT:
https://lemonsquad.com/customer/view...ca6577b44d40a9

Last edited by uahmad3; 04-23-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Hey guys,

I'm checking this car out on Sunday. One of my friends who owns an S2k will be coming with me to do his own inspections but i also wanted your guy's take on it.

2007 Honda S2000 from Rolling Motors

I generally wont do used car dealerships however i havnt been quick enough on all the private sellers around me and this one seems to look pretty good. But i generally dont buy used cars.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts

^^^ The top seems to be sagging between the supports and I would make sure the VIN tags are proper. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Official Is This Car Worth It Thread vol 3