S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Painting rear bottom valance by exhaust to match?

Old 06-17-2003, 11:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

JasonB, the C-west is lower than than the sides and that looks aestetically level. These kits can be had at a good price now that replicas are out. The only thing is to find a good replica. The full kit is very aggressive while maintaining a clean look. S2K1, Hennessey, and Ahhhvtec are prime examples of how clean this kit can look on various colors. There is also a yellow one that is very clean as well that deserves props, but can't think of his name.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO you can buy them either way. Or do you physically have to myake them flush with body work?

I wouldn't add the full kit, JUST THE REAR side pieces. That's what I'm wondering will look good on a stock s2l with front/rear oem lips?

How much are those side pieces for rear?
Old 06-17-2003, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by R-tistik s2k
JasonB, the C-west is lower than than the sides and that looks aestetically level. These kits can be had at a good price now that replicas are out. The only thing is to find a good replica. The full kit is very aggressive while maintaining a clean look. S2K1, Hennessey, and Ahhhvtec are prime examples of how clean this kit can look on various colors. There is also a yellow one that is very clean as well that deserves props, but can't think of his name.
I know RABBIHOMSLICE here in houston has the full c-west kit on his spa. I only have the sides and rear.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:41 AM

Originally posted by Jason B
SO you can buy them either way. Or do you physically have to myake them flush with body work?

I wouldn't add the full kit, JUST THE REAR side pieces. That's what I'm wondering will look good on a stock s2l with front/rear oem lips?

How much are those side pieces for rear?
I think it would look weird with just the rears Jason. They would be a bit lower than the sides of the car. just wouldn't look right I don't think. You don't have to mold them into the body. I didn't.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:14 PM

No problems here.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:26 PM

in addition to painting that bottom part of the bumper, you could do what SpEeDxXxRaCeR here in houston has done. He had his false vents in the front bumper painted to match the paint. Looks real clean.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah EssTooKay, that's the owner with the tight Yellow C-west S, and I just remembered that you had the black S cause that looked tight too. IMO it would look off because the look of the sides are a lower profile. I know S2K1 has a nice side shot if he could post it up for you to see. You can gauge the difference of the height and extension. Those replicas can be ordered from most online sites and the flushing will graft it to your bumper so it cannot be removed without chipping it out and refinishing the bumper. You can contact VIS if you decide to purchase them and tell them Fred sent you or I can contact them with your info. I would suggest against them though since it would not look right and you wouldn't be satisfied.

Hondafan, what do you mean "no problems here"?
Old 06-17-2003, 01:34 PM

Old 06-17-2003, 02:18 PM

JasonB,

Spend your money elsewhere.

[Splitting hairs here, but hey, the topic pretty much requires it as with 99.9% of the other subjects on this board]

The "diffuser" looks better unpainted (a la F1 cars, 360 Modena). By painting it, you're effectively make the rear look bigger and the S2000 does not have an issue with this since it's raked and is a bit wedge-like in its original form. The rear has presence and benefits from a more aggressive form with the perceived curvature conditioned by the unpainted lower section. Now where the S really needs help is the front. You already addressed this by adding the OEM front spoiler.

As for the rear lip... I was checking this part out yesterday and it looks perfect stock. That rear lips looks pretty horrible anyways (especially when matched up with the OEM goodies).
Old 05-11-2019, 05:55 AM

Just wanted to say I had the rear lip painted to match over 15 years ago and it's one of the best things I've done I think.

Anyone know what poster that is in the background, or is it a painting?

Quick Reply: Painting rear bottom valance by exhaust to match?