S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Paintless dent removal? opinions....

Old 05-11-2001, 05:04 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I (like a dumbshit) dropped my son's camera (tazmanian devil no less) onto a flat ledge part (right behind the drivers door)of my MINT type R. It now has a slight indent.

How does paintless dent removal work?

Does it look like new or can you still see where it was?

How much $ (i will call anyway, so ignore this question).

thank you.

Scot - acting like TIMMY!

moderators - if this is offtopic, please change the Type R description above to S2000
Old 05-11-2001, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had it done before and it has been flawless. They go in from behind the panel in question with a variety of special tools.

It looks like new when my guy is done. He charges $55 per panel he works on. Highly recommend it.
Old 05-11-2001, 05:16 AM

Highly recommended. Beats traditional body work.
Old 05-11-2001, 05:28 AM

Of course, it all depends on the nature of the dent or ding. If the paint isn't broken, there's usually not a problem. I had a dent in a rear quarter panel on an Accord coupe and the guy drilled a hole in the side door sill nearest the dent, went in with his what looked to be oversized dental tools and worked the dent out. He even shined a bright florescent light down the side of the car to show that the dent was completely gone. Then he plugged the hole he had drilled in the side sill with a plastic body-colored plug. $60; took about 20 minutes.
Old 05-11-2001, 05:36 AM

Highly recommended. I had a dent on my S2K not too long ago. I took it to one of those dent-removers. PERFECT! Can't even tell where it is. Had the same thing done on my Type R with the same results.

Good luck!!!

:Kibro
Old 05-11-2001, 05:50 AM

WOW.... i looked up a place... i will attempt to get an appointment ASAP! i stare at the F'ing ding everytime i go near the car...i may put a bandaid on it to cover it up.
Old 05-11-2001, 07:55 AM

Scot, what happened to your steady hands? You can drive 160mph but can't hold onto a fvckn camera? I just got my dents removed from my s2k and its highly worth it, as long as its not too close to a curved part of the car like fender lip or something, the dent will come out without you ever noticing it. If you lived closer, I could recommend a shop, but the price ranges from $55-$75, goodluck.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As noted above, this really works if you find the right person and give him / her a lot of time.

My advice: If you let them drill a hole to get to an area they can't reach otherwise MAKE SURE THEY PAINT THE INSIDE OF THE HOLE (DRILLED EDGES) before they put the plug in.

This will prevent rust (same advice given in the S2000 CD Changer installation guide) down the road. You can always take the plug out and paint it later if it is too late.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lvs2k
[B]Of course, it all depends on the nature of the dent or ding.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:46 AM

went at lunch... $75 w/ tax.... wwwwooooohooo... said to drop it off any morning (for them to abuse..)

how big is the hole they drill?

can they fix a slight ding that is 2.5 feet from where they are going to drill?

i appreciate all the help!!!!

Ching - I started drinking that FVcking mt. dew again!- i am going to sue them for $75.

Scot

Quick Reply: Paintless dent removal? opinions....