S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/)
-   -   Planning on taking the s from mia to penn (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-talk-1/planning-taking-s-mia-penn-897362/)

S2Kmiadade 09-15-2011 09:34 AM

Planning on taking the s from mia to penn

Hey guys, I have an 01 s2000, 70k miles and planning on taking a trip this winter to pennslyvania. I live in miami, round trip will be about 2300 miles or so. I would ofcourse take my car to the shop, have everything checked to see if I were able to make it there and back. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it ? The weather from miamk to pennslyvania that time of the year is obviously going to be a dramatic change. Is this a good idea

Jazzman 09-15-2011 09:46 AM

And you want to go North why??? LOL.
I live in Massachusetts and am thinking of going in the opposite direction.

You might need snow tires on the rears if the weather so demands.

A Honda with 70K miles is no issue whatsoever to me, as long as you know everything is OK before going. Old battery? Check it.

Have fun

-jazzman

g0g3tt4 09-15-2011 09:58 AM

Haha... no problems with the car, now if you are talking about the weather that's another issue. No one can predict how bad that will be. I just 4k in a week on mine... 100 plus degree temps with the AC on. You can dew eeet!

Syn 09-15-2011 12:26 PM

Depending on the time of year you need to be prepared with proper tires. If you get caught in snow (or even sub-40 degree weather) in a set of summer tires you're going to be in bad shape. Other than that just check the same stuff you'd check on any other car and you should be fine.

bronxbomber252 09-15-2011 03:03 PM

Put on snow tires (not all seasons but real snow tires) and you will be fine. One word of advice though, if you do not have a lot of experience driving in the snow, take it extremely easy and if you get caught in a snow storm (not just flurries but a severe one), stop and wait for it to pass and the roads be plowed/sanded. Also, do some research on driving in the snow.

whippets2k 09-15-2011 04:47 PM

Bring oil, haha. My AP1 burns a quart every 1100 or so.

takeshi 09-16-2011 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by S2Kmiadade (Post 20975945)
Hey guys, I have an 01 s2000, 70k miles and planning on taking a trip this winter to pennslyvania. I live in miami, round trip will be about 2300 miles or so. I would ofcourse take my car to the shop, have everything checked to see if I were able to make it there and back. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it ? The weather from miamk to pennslyvania that time of the year is obviously going to be a dramatic change. Is this a good idea

Depends on the car and the driver. The car isn't the limiting factor unless it hasn't been properly maintained and/or isn't properly equipped for the trip.