S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pristine 1k mile MY00 NFR on BaT

Old 11-01-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Woah, there are humans who don’t think like you guys. Crazy! Who cares if someone wants to preserve their cars for whatever reason floats their boat. Generally the people who own cars like this for long periods of time and keep them garaged probably realize these aren’t investments. Pretty basic finance 101 we’re talking about. There are different ways to enjoy material items.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:39 PM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by ssbfgc
Woah, there are humans who don’t think like you guys. Crazy! Who cares if someone wants to preserve their cars for whatever reason floats their boat. Generally the people who own cars like this for long periods of time and keep them garaged probably realize these aren’t investments. Pretty basic finance 101 we’re talking about. There are different ways to enjoy material items.

literally everything I said
Old 11-01-2018, 07:33 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

I don't know what is about my priorities. I really get upset when people skip out on their children because they just don't care and can't be bothered with the responsibility. I get really upset when people stick a dog in the backyard year-round with no shelter and hardly any water or food while paying it no attention. If I take the time to think about it I realize that the list of things that really upset me is almost endless. But people collecting cars doesn't make the cut for me. As people say around here all of the time "it's only a car". It doesn't have feelings and it doesn't know the difference between being left in the garage or being abused and having it's engine blown. The car has no idea whether it's washed and waxed every weekend or if it's being smashed into a concrete wall for that matter.

My guess is that people who actually get upset with car collectors do so for reasons they don't want to discuss. How we treat these cars and how we feel about them is just a reflection of ourselves. If it really truly bothers you, buy the car over on Bring A Trailer. Then you can do what you want with it. If you can't afford it, or if it's just not worth it to you then just keep reading this paragraph over and over.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GuthNW
I don't know what is about my priorities. I really get upset when people skip out on their children because they just don't care and can't be bothered with the responsibility. I get really upset when people stick a dog in the backyard year-round with no shelter and hardly any water or food while paying it no attention. If I take the time to think about it I realize that the list of things that really upset me is almost endless. But people collecting cars doesn't make the cut for me. As people say around here all of the time "it's only a car". It doesn't have feelings and it doesn't know the difference between being left in the garage or being abused and having it's engine blown. The car has no idea whether it's washed and waxed every weekend or if it's being smashed into a concrete wall for that matter.

My guess is that people who actually get upset with car collectors do so for reasons they don't want to discuss. How we treat these cars and how we feel about them is just a reflection of ourselves. If it really truly bothers you, buy the car over on Bring A Trailer. Then you can do what you want with it. If you can't afford it, or if it's just not worth it to you then just keep reading this paragraph over and over.
Agreed. In my opinion it's about what mindset I'm in. I was too young to be the original owner of s, when I bought my first 04 in 2012 it was already discountinued. That surely put me in a mindset that if I see a prestine super low mile example I would preserve it forever in that way. Fortunately I had my chance own a sub 1000mile ap1 two years later when I was searching for a mint CR. I don't see it as my investiment, as mentioned above how much I can get back from it? But of course I'm happy to see it shoots up in value. The bottom line is I'm not selling it, it's market value doesn't matter. At the same time, I always have another fun car that I use as a daily, from ap2 to brz to si and finally back to ap2 again.
For those who think people like me is a freak, think twice what you'll do if you're in my situation and what's the true position of the s in your heart, if it's just another fun car in your life then I'm probably with you or even crazier, I redline my brand new brz since day one and didn't give a f*ck, I like it but don't love it and I know I'll sell it when I'm bored with it.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:14 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

$45K with 1 hour left.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 280 Likes on 140 Posts

SOLD, for $48K + 5% fee ($50.4K total).
Old 11-06-2018, 02:46 PM

So the purchaser basically bought a "new" S2000 for the equivalent of what an actual new one cost like 17 years ago.

Pretty cool.

There is one clear winner in all this though.

Me.

Because I predicted the selling price like some sort of car auction Nostradamus.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 179 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
Because I predicted the selling price like some sort of car auction Nostradamus.
Everyone's got their talents — now that we know what yours is, I see that carauctionnostradamus.com hasn't been spoken for.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:33 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Amazing photos helped that one a ton. Seller was very smart about the presentation.

Examples like this are only going to keep rising. To all the whiners - S2000s are collector cars now, get over it and enjoy that yours isn't depreciating. For those that get it - it you have $ and space, buy every one like this you can find.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:38 AM

They're appreciating?

Quick Reply: Pristine 1k mile MY00 NFR on BaT